Everton Youth Teams Thread

Feeney, Foulds, Denny, and Mampala to be released

Markelo offered new deal

Con Ouzounidis up in the air

No surprises there expect u23s and u18s to field a lot younger teams next season
And hopefully a lot more of brands and the new academy directors influence coming through

Feeney, Foulds, Denny, and Mampala to be released

Markelo offered new deal

Con Ouzounidis up in the air

It seems we are getting tougher at youth level. All 4 of the above showed promise, but ultimately didn't kick on enough and were probably kept around for a bit too long. Interesting Ouzounidis is kept, even though he's only 6 months younger than Feeney.

I hope Feeney gets sorted out. In all honesty it will be a very difficult summer to be released.

It seems we are getting tougher at youth level. All 4 of the above showed promise, but ultimately didn't kick on enough and were probably kept around for a bit too long. Interesting Ouzounidis is kept, even though he's only 6 months younger than Feeney.

I hope Feeney gets sorted out. In all honesty it will be a very difficult summer to be released.

I read it as Ouzounidis was not released and no decision yet.

....it’s a cruel game, but all of those young professionals will have been on very decent money and have a chance of a career in the game.

From what I’ve seen, Ouzounidis has proper physicality, it might explain why his future is less clear. Can’t see Markelo getting another season and sending him on loan for it. 2 year deal with a view to selling but I’d give him a go at RB, good engine on him.

Last edited:
....it’s a cruel game, but all of those young professionals will have been on very decent money and have a chance of a career in the game.

From what I’ve seen, Ouzounidis has proper physicality, it might explain why his future is less clear. Can’t see Markelo getting another season and sending him on loan for it. 2 year deal with a view to selling but I’d give him a go at RB, good engine on him.

I saw somewhere Brands liked him. It looks like w are being more ruthless, which I like.

As for Ouzounidis yes, my thoughts too. Looks a powerful lad, which ultimately was always a concern I had with Feeney. Interesting how physicality is so important.

As for Markelo, yes getting him on loan, seeing how he does and taking it from there may be what we do.