Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't Man U heavily linked about 9 months ago Eggs ?

He is a combative young midfielder who would walk into our first XI but I cab't see it happening.
Not sure about that.

I'd be quite upset if that were the case at the end of whenever the next transfer window happens at least.

Weren't Man U heavily linked about 9 months ago Eggs ?

He is a combative young midfielder who would walk into our first XI but I cab't see it happening.

....he scored a couple against United last season, not sure they were linked. He won’t be popular with Newcastle fans if he leaves as they consider him ‘one of their own’. I imagine he wants more than what’s being offered and they’ll come to a compromise.

if he did come, I‘d imagine he’d leapfrog Davies in the pecking order.

....he scored a couple against United last season, not sure they were linked. He won’t be popular with Newcastle fans if he leaves as they consider him ‘one of their own’. I imagine he wants more than what’s being offered and they’ll come to a compromise.

United were linked with Sean Longstaff in January, the older brother. But Matty did score against them.

A promising young Premier League midfielder on a free? It's the type of signing I want to see myself. It would be shrewd business, low risk to potentially very high reward. I'm numb to throwing £30m around for players now tbh.
He isn't a PL level player right now. Sign him and loan him to the Championship or a lower level PL team for a year or two and we are talking, but considering either Longstaff, but especially the younger one, for next season's squad is not good enough.

He isn't a PL level player right now. Sign him and loan him to the Championship or a lower level PL team for a year or two and we are talking, but considering either Longstaff, but especially the younger one, for next season's squad is not good enough.

I'm pretty sure he'd be an ok squad player for next season, on a free. I would rather see someone like him filling in than Morgan Schneiderlin on £120k a week.

He genuinely wouldn't. Newcastle play like we did under Big Dunc but all the time. The midfield does nothing of note. No chance he would be ready to come into a side that actually passes the ball.

I'm pretty sure he'd be an ok squad player for next season, on a free. I would rather see someone like him filling in than Morgan Schneiderlin on £120k a week.
He is currently well worse than Schneiderlin. I'm all for letting players develop, but I just haven't seen anything from either of those brothers to suggest they'll be top class midfielders. They're like a pair of Geordie Declan Rices but without the tackling.

He is currently well worse than Schneiderlin. I'm all for letting players develop, but I just haven't seen anything from either of those brothers to suggest they'll be top class midfielders. They're like a pair of Geordie Declan Rices but without the tackling.

Well he'd be at Wrexham if that were the case, not having Carlo Ancelotti sniffing around him.

Well he'd be at Wrexham if that were the case, not having Carlo Ancelotti sniffing around him.
Looking up a few things on the guy I noticed he hasn't played since we threw the game away against them in January and I think that midfield performance from the two Longstaffs was the worst I've ever seen against us. If Richarlison was fit we'd have scored 8. People would be all over him by October if we gave him an actual role in the first team.

Looking up a few things on the guy I noticed he hasn't played since we threw the game away against them in January and I think that midfield performance from the two Longstaffs was the worst I've ever seen against us. If Richarlison was fit we'd have scored 8. People would be all over him by October if we gave him an actual role in the first team.

Oh I don’t doubt that.

Oh I don’t doubt that.
Tom Davies was mentioned before, and I honestly would rather just give Tom another year and see where it takes us than sign someone like that. Sure he has only just begun playing but it was pretty poor.

Do you remember the game at Goodison? Before we pissed it away it was the worst midfield performance I'd ever seen. That was the Longstaff brothers. If we had Richarlison we'd have scored 8.

The real thing to do would be to find one of the actually promising young midfielders around the world that we could probably sign for less than 10m and put them into Davies role of filling in when necessary. No reason to be shopping at Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.