Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Bolassie worth the £28m we paid for him? Clearly not. But if he was so useless how had he conjured up his outstanding seasons at Palace? And we all seem to have forgotten his absolute rinsing of Coleman to the point of humiliation in a game at GP a season or two before we signed him. He was fast and direct in that and many other games and was receiving lots of media attention.
My recollection was that he started quite well for us and seemed to be forming some sort of understanding with Lukaku. An injury of the severity he experienced was always going to take some of his pace away and after it he just never got into gear.

Was Bolassie worth the £28m we paid for him? Clearly not. But if he was so useless how had he conjured up his outstanding seasons at Palace? And we all seem to have forgotten his absolute rinsing of Coleman to the point of humiliation in a game at GP a season or two before we signed him. He was fast and direct in that and many other games and was receiving lots of media attention.
My recollection was that he started quite well for us and seemed to be forming some sort of understanding with Lukaku. An injury of the severity he experienced was always going to take some of his pace away and after it he just never got into gear.

Dunno, I wasn’t aware of this, can you enlighten us when this was?

It's true that he'd had some good games for Palace, but he was never a consistently above-par player. If we'd signed him for about a quarter of the fee we paid nobody would have objected. Even at the time the fee we paid was seen as wildly excessive.

MikeH72, the middle of the last decade. And if you're looking for examples of other individual performances, have you already forgotten his tearing apart of the RS when Palace came from three down to draw with them and in doing so denied them the title?
Not saying he was worth the £28m paid but there were facets of his game that were worth us taking a punt on him.

The middle of the last decade. And if you're looking for examples of individual performances, have you already forgotten his tearing apart of the RS when Palace came from three down to draw with them and in doing so denied them the title?

He rinsed the rs at the pit a couple of times as well.

As far as I'm concerned that makes it money well spent and he deserves our thanks and respecto

MikeH72, the middle of the last decade. And if you're looking for examples of other individual performances, have you already forgotten his tearing apart of the RS when Palace came from three down to draw with them and in doing so denied them the title?
Not saying he was worth the £28m paid but there were facets of his game that were worth us taking a punt on him.

That’s the problem, I can only recall individual performances, about 3 of them. I don’t remember him tearing it up in any full season.

That’s the problem, I can only recall individual performances, about 3 of them. I don’t remember him tearing it up in any full season.
Perhaps you need to go back 4 years to the media coverage of his leaving Palace and the reaction of Palace supporters to it.

So this is the level of inferiority we have as a fanbase now is it, he played well against Liverpool a couple of times so he wasn’t an absolutely woeful signing?
Staggered.

Palace fans absolutely buzzed off it mate, they couldn’t believe it. As far as the media goes, we had presenters like Jake Humphries openly laughing live on air when reporting the fee had been agreed.
I'm sure we're all agreed that the fee was too high (who's Jake Humphries by the way?). That doesn't necessarily mean he was an awful player though. Go to the Palace fan websites if they go back that far and check fan reaction.

It's true that he'd had some good games for Palace, but he was never a consistently above-par player. If we'd signed him for about a quarter of the fee we paid nobody would have objected. Even at the time the fee we paid was seen as wildly excessive.
Very few are. Those that are are beyond our means. Who of our signings over the last decade have been?

Status
Not open for further replies.