Old Everton Pictures

th

60s photo. It looks like Alex has outjumped the hardest man in British football ex-team mate Dave Mackay, and also the giant Maurice Norman.
What a great 'goalpost' photo.

....I thought that was Maurice Norman. Just looked him up & nice to see he’s still with us, played 23 times for England (including 1962 World Cup).

...Colin Harvey’s only cap. We have a few who only got one cap, Unsworth against Japan, Jeffers possibly against Australia, Michael Ball v Spain and Derek Temple against West Germany.

I’m sure there are more.
Jeffers was playing for Arsenal when he got his one cap

Jeffers was playing for Arsenal when he got his one cap

....i wouldn’t have thought that. Thanks.

A vague recollection that Rooney played in that game against Australia, two De La Salle lads playing in the same England team is some achievement. Be interesting to know if that is some type of record, although I dare say Jack and Bobby Charlton attended the same school.

I remember 3 lads from Cardinal Heenan playing for the same England U15 team: Steven Schumacher, John Walsh and Alan Moogan.

The 2 Spurs lads had Danny Blanchflower with them to make up a marvellous half-back line, but our 63 side overcame them with Gabby, Labby & Kay.

....in a similar theme, saw Cliff Jones’ son on telly in the last week and he’s the image of his Dad. I think Cliff Jones is still alive from that great Spurs team. I only started going in the early 60s, so only have vague recollections, although Dave McKay was around for a long time and I still clearly remember his famous tackle on Jimmy Husband.

I think one of that Spurs team (White?) was tragically struck by lightening and died when playing golf.