Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Arteta has caught it. So what? There is little chance of him having anything other than a mild flu. Rather than panic, let's just look at the number of deaths in this country (10). If we're going to cancel everything, put thousands of jobs at risk etc every time there's a medical scare, however real the consequences for some, then let's take this logic to its conclusion and shut down all roads and ban smoking for starters.

Jury's still out on whether it can cause lasting damage to the lungs last I heard. If the whole prem gets infected leading to 1 or 2 serious cases would still be ridiculously negligent by the league.

So Arteta has caught it. So what? There is little chance of him having anything other than a mild flu. Rather than panic, let's just look at the number of deaths in this country (10). If we're going to cancel everything, put thousands of jobs at risk etc every time there's a medical scare, however real the consequences for some, then let's take this logic to its conclusion and shut down all roads and ban smoking for starters.
Or we could just stop mass gatherings of tens of thousands of people up and down the country every weekend watching lads kick a leather bag of air If it’s going to save some lives?

Don’t think they’re testing anyone now unless they end up in hospital.

Suppose that doesn’t apply to rich folk tho.

Bizarre stance to take though. Symptoms aren’t instantaneous so could easily pass it onto someone else.

By all accounts a Utah Jazz basketball player (Mitchell) has been tested positive for it with no symptoms at all.

That’s the current deaths in the UK before the suspected surge, and what if he’s been in contact with elderly people or those with respiratory conditions?

Everything is fine we were told this afternoon. Just get on with it.

Omnishambles.

Hey people, it's fine, all is fine, don't worry because everything is fine.

5 hours later..

Sorry I lied to you, it's not all fine

jU.gif

I honestly can't believe it is still not official in light of Arsenal's interactions with Olimpiacos and the players needing to be tested, but surely now the season is going on hold. And given the UKs refusal to do anything I'm not sure when it will go ahead again.

Status
Not open for further replies.