DCL: One season wonder??

• Yes.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • No.

Votes: 171 84.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fooled before with Jelavic, I’d like to se him do it again before I make a full judgement on him.

That said, why on earth would you make a poll on this, just enjoy the fact we’ve got a half decent striker ffs.

I think the 4-4-2 formation is as much of an explanation as anything. Also Ancelotti has said since he arrived he's been instructing him to stay closer to the goal ( duh) which is resulting in more chances.

So no, tactics permitting I don't see a massive irreversible decline in his future.

Whether he's good enough long term is another question. He's certainly good enough for us atm given the crap we have elsewhere in the squad.

With a decent run of form in the final games of the season he could easily hit 20 goals in what has been a pretty poor season with very little service going in to him.

Put a better midfield behind DCL & Richarlison and they could both get 20 a season next season.

What we're lacking is goals from midfield. Our 3rd to 11th highest scorers have the same number of goals as DCL on his own (15)

Yeh he’s better but they’re both now strikers one one has scored less than the other. Just wondering what “good enough” actually means.

Well the common objection is if we want to compete regularly against Chelsea, arsenal etc. then we need strikers who don't miss sitters routinely.

This would be due to technique. Richarlison is more technically gifted and has scored some "worldies" this season. DCL is a poacher, who often misses from inside the 6 yard box.

You literally just said you want to call him crap, none of us are buying that you’ll accept it and be happy if he turns out good.
None? Or you? Congrats on the new role of everyone on grand old team, makes reading much easier lol

Here's the thing. Go back over the past couple of years on here and I've always maintained that I haven't thought he was good enough. I'm personally not had my opinion changed based on a few tap ins and a good run of form.

However as the popular term vaulting on here is a thing, I'm also not going to act like like half the active forum to completely forget what I said about him before. I've been wrong before on a player and I've been right. That's the thing with opinions.

Hence the if he proves me wrong statement is an admission that I may not be correct about him. He deserves his place in the team right now and he keeps doing that then eventually he will be classed as a great player.

Still not sure why passing an opinion on here that someone disagrees with is such a dramatic thing. You disagree with me , fair enough. We don't all think the same, this isn't rawk.

Just calm it down a little eh?

None? Or you? Congrats on the new role of everyone on grand old team, makes reading much easier lol

Here's the thing. Go back over the past couple of years on here and I've always maintained that I haven't thought he was good enough. I'm personally not had my opinion changed based on a few tap ins and a good run of form.

However as the popular term vaulting on here is a thing, I'm also not going to act like like half the active forum to completely forget what I said about him before. I've been wrong before on a player and I've been right. That's the thing with opinions.

Hence the if he proves me wrong statement is an admission that I may not be correct about him. He deserves his place in the team right now and he keeps doing that then eventually he will be classed as a great player.

Still not sure why passing an opinion on here that someone disagrees with is such a dramatic thing. You disagree with me , fair enough. We don't all think the same, this isn't rawk.

Just calm it down a little eh?

I think the point we're picking up on is when you said you WANT to call him crap as if it's annoying you he's playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.