2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched decades of Everton strikers from 1956 DCL does not come anywhere near the likes of these strikers from the 80,s onwards.- Latchford Lineker Sharp Andy Gray Big Dunc Lukaku. These were hustlers and bustlers. Dom is too lightweight and off balance for a out and out striker. As for a main striker for England. Not a chance!

Having watched decades of Everton strikers from 1956 DCL does not come anywhere near the likes of these strikers from the 80,s onwards.- Latchford Lineker Sharp Andy Gray Big Dun Lukaku. These were hustlers and butlers. Dom is too lightweight and off balance for a out and out striker. As for a main striker for England. Not a chance!

None of those have played for Everton for years and he's already scored more this season in the Premier League than one of them ever managed.

He's a great young striker, hes improved loads this season... why not try a little positivity?

Mate he has improved no doubt but those chance missed against chelsea and arsenal are game changes, is that part of his game going to improve I doubt it.
Yeah I don't think anyone can criticise you for thinking that. He's missed some big, big chances.
Personally I don't think the Chelsea one, whilst an awful attempt, would have changed the complexion of the game. It was the easiest game Chelsea will have all season.

None of those have played for Everton for years and he's already scored more this season in the Premier League than one of them ever managed.

He's a great young striker, hes improved loads this season... why not try a little positivity?
Am only giving my opinion after the experience of watching Everton and knowing more about this club than 90% of people on this forum. Good striker who will never improve as much as fans here think.

Please ! Please ! Don,t put DCL in the same lge of former Everton strikers - Latchford. Lineker. Andy Gray.. Ferguson. Lukaku. etc. Won't improve a great deal more and won't be the dominant striker this club needs to rapidly take us up wits the big boys.

He seems to be missing a fair few one on one's but on the plus side (I'm thinking about the positives) he's getting himself into these kind of positions more frequently and it's an extra part of his game.

I can think of (this season that spring to mind)

Scoring against Brighton away
Tripping over himself and VVD against the rs away

Having a shot saved against Brighton home
Having shot saved against Utd home
Missing yesterday

So hopefully it will become a more. common theme. I'd like him to just rattle shots away as hard as possible. I think Kane has always done this, element of surprise and hitting it as hard as possible. These little soft flicks he does just ain't working.

Hes earned our patience though. He's improved on massive parts of his game so let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he can improve on his one on one finishing as well.

Am only giving my opinion after the experience of watching Everton and knowing more about this club than 90% of people on this forum. Good striker who will never improve as much as fans here think.
I think you're mixing up historical knowledge (which is great, good on you) with the ability to see into the future.

We as fans who think he will improve even more may be wrong.

But you may too? You come across a little like you don't think about that enough...

Please ! Please ! Don,t put DCL in the same lge of former Everton strikers - Latchford. Lineker. Andy Gray.. Ferguson. Lukaku. etc. Won't improve a great deal more and won't be the dominant striker this club needs to rapidly take us up wits the big boys.
Ferguson never scored more then 11 league goals in season .
Gray scored 14 league goals in total.
All were good players for us .
But not exactly prolific.

I think you're mixing up historical knowledge (which is great, good on you) with the ability to see into the future.

We as fans who think he will improve even more may be wrong.

But you may too? You come across a little like you don't think about that enough...
Have been wazzed off ever since Moyes left. Can't see anything happening here for at least 2-3 years and certainly at least THREE transfer windows to clear out and buy well. This squad of players and their attitude is awful.

Have been wazzed off ever since Moyes left. Can't see anything happening here for at least 2-3 years and certainly at least THREE transfer windows to clear out and buy well. This squad of players and their attitude is awful.
I'd agree with that. It's a poorly assembled squad. No balance. No variety. No character.

But what we do have is a spine of quality that we can build around.

Holgate
Gomes
Calvert-Lewin
Richarlison

Throw in some underperforming players who no doubt can kick on

Pickford
Digne
Kean (hopefully)

There is something to work with. For the first time in many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.