2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti: "We think we can compete to fight for Europe over the next season. With this type of performance we have to forget [that]."

Ancelotti: "We cannot judge the team on one game, we have to wait until the end of the season. Then we will see where we are. But this club wants to be competitive in the Premier League and Europe."

Ancelotti asked about commitment of players: "There are things I can analyse with you. There are things I can analyse with my players."
Ancelotti: "It was a bad day for us."
I think the game was already signed at the first minute."

We weren't good defensively, we made a lot of mistakes with the ball. It wasn't a good day. It's my first game when we didn't compete. Today was wrong from the beginning, so learn from the mistakes and focus on the next game."

He’s honest as f.

To be perfectly honest, I don't want the massive cracks papered over. This result may have been needed.
It was lost in midfield.
Only Gomes is good enough but even he doesn't have the mobility needed.
You just need to see the amount of times their midfield picked the ball up and turned (with time) to face our defence.
On the plus side tho I believe CA can identify and attract the players we obviously need.

Been telling a few non blues lately we are ok ish. Nothing more. But fully agree. No papering over cracks. Big clear out needed as much as possible.

I mean we’ve been overachieving the past few games and thinking we’d beat a team that’s better than us away with no midfield is a bit stupid.

I’m hoping Carlo has seen enough of some of our players now and today some of their death warrants signed so we can bring in some pre determined targets and actually reach our goals.

No Europe is a good thing and we just need to bring in the right players and get them bedded in for next season.

Ancelotti: "We think we can compete to fight for Europe over the next season. With this type of performance we have to forget [that]."

Ancelotti: "We cannot judge the team on one game, we have to wait until the end of the season. Then we will see where we are. But this club wants to be competitive in the Premier League and Europe."

Ancelotti asked about commitment of players: "There are things I can analyse with you. There are things I can analyse with my players."
Ancelotti: "It was a bad day for us."
I think the game was already signed at the first minute."

We weren't good defensively, we made a lot of mistakes with the ball. It wasn't a good day. It's my first game when we didn't compete. Today was wrong from the beginning, so learn from the mistakes and focus on the next game."

I thought that was the idea after the arsenal game. Problem with us under all managers it seems is we are reactive not proactive. Should have expected a high press and tough game from chelsea today and he started with davies sigurdsson and Gomes who all were awful

I think the criticism of players are understandable but please don’t forget we beat Chelsea by 3 clear goals few months back with almost an identical team playing a tactics that suits our limited player:

Let’s be honest the tactic is a major part of the problem today.

We can win if we play to our strength and if we setup in a way that is beyond the capability of our players we are bound to suffer.

One thing I cannot understand is why he persists with playing Sigurdsson left wing and a left winger on the right wing (Bernard today and Iwobi against arsenal). Yes the players were atrocious, lacking commitment, etc, but I cannot fathom why we set up like that again after getting so exposed against arsenal doing the same. Theo is the only true right winger, with Richarlison the only able deputy. Playing Iwobi and Bernard there is a waste of a space.

Next season would be another write-off if these players were able to stumble their way to seventh or eighth on the back of a late surge.

Ancelotti needs to be firm when it comes to summer recruitment, or else his time here will be short.

Status
Not open for further replies.