2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I don't think Baines staying or going has any bearings on us winning a trophy dave..
Why not? Dont you think having a player who could be a starter for months if/when Digne gets injured can influence a league campaign or cup competition?

A young LB, 20m, plus wages, 40m, to play 5 or 6 times a season, thats just a complete waste of money.

Lewis Gibson would be better served going on loan for another season rather than playing 5 or 6 times for us.

Why do you assume a young left back would automatically cost £20m and be on £70k a week?

Honestly, find me a club that is taken seriously in the football world that keeps 36 year old full backs as cover. You can’t because there aren’t any.

32FF95BA00000578-0-image-a-1_1460208768889.jpg

So you want us to spend 40m on a player for him to sit on the bench for 80% the season and you had the cheek to say Koeman spent like a drunken sailor.
£40M? Where are you getting that from?

We could throw Hearts £8M for that LB of theirs and have him as Digne's understudy. THAT would be a much more logical use of financial resources.

FFS, spending millions more lining the pocket of that phoney get Baines.

I repeat: no wonder we win f.a.

Digne's 26 mate. No understudy comes in with hopes of taking over in 4 years, maybe 6, maybe 8. That's just impractical. We've got a good left back that's free and is a known quantity, and probably better than half the left backs in the league.

Digne isn’t going to be with us until he retires though is he? I think we should probably be planning to replace him before he gets to 34 anyway though really.

Why not? Dont you think having a player who could be a starter for months if/when Digne gets injured can influence a league campaign or cup competition?
don't think it would be the tip of the scale for a trophy tbh, I personally was okay with him having as back up this season because it made perfect sense, Next season? Eh...

Seriously, folks, much as I admire him, we should be looking to sign the next Leighton Baines, not extending his contract.

Too often in the past we've kept on players who were past their peak - Kevin Campbell, Tim Howard, Phil Nevile, Tim Cahill and , many others.

Seriously, folks, much as I admire him, we should be looking to sign the next Leighton Baines, not extending his contract.

Too often in the past we've kept on players who were past their peak - Kevin Campbell, Tim Howard, Phil Nevile, Tim Cahill and , many others.

We
Can
Still
Find
The
Next
Leighton
Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.