2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The stats have turned against @TheBigIguana

It’s baffling that he didn’t start him ahead of Sigurdsson vs United. Carlo’s one and only shortcoming so far has been not playing Bernard enough. He needs to rectify it soon or he’ll be asking to leave, I would if I was consistently benched for players that were clearly not as talented or in form as me.

So are stats allowed then? Or is it just in certain threads?

I just remember all stats being written off as worthless lies and completely unreliable in the Sigurdsson thread when they suggested he might not be awful at some things.

It’s baffling that he didn’t start him ahead of Sigurdsson vs United. Carlo’s one and only shortcoming so far has been not playing Bernard enough. He needs to rectify it soon or he’ll be asking to leave, I would if I was consistently benched for players that were clearly not as talented or in form as me.
Or maybe Ancelotti doesn’t rate him as high as you. I was shocked he didn’t start against Utd. But Ancelotti has left him out of the away games.

Or maybe Ancelotti doesn’t rate him as high as you. I was shocked he didn’t start against Utd. But Ancelotti has left him out of the away games.
Cant see him not rating him , everyone who's even got a modicum of knowledge about football will know he's a quality player.
Maybe he doesnt see him fitting into the style of play he wants.
It happens in football all the time.

Ancelotti said: "I know really well all of the players, I know their qualities and also their defects.
"Maybe, for the fact, that at Goodison we have more possibility to control the ball, he is really good with the ball and he did really well against Crystal Palace where he scored the first goal.
"When the game is in balance, it is more difficult for him to prove his quality. When we have control of the game, for him it is easier for him to prove his quality. Maybe for this reason, I put him [in the team] at home and not away.
"He doesn't have to convince me, I am already convinced he is a good player and helpful for us."

So are stats allowed then? Or is it just in certain threads?

I just remember all stats being written off as worthless lies and completely unreliable in the Sigurdsson thread when they suggested he might not be awful at some things.

Yeah the stats never helped Iceland, the only thing he had going for him was goals, he no longer has them, now the best thing he does is run a lot.

Yeah the stats never helped Iceland, the only thing he had going for him was goals, he no longer has them, now the best thing he does is run a lot.

Personally not arsed with stats of any kind, unless it's for a series of Aiden McGeady pie charts to prove what a great player he is

Bernard's performance and effectiveness on the pitch swings from genius to non-existent.
On his day, he is such a terror against opponents but on the other end, he has an extra touch, loses posession in dangerous areas and not wanting the ball.

Everytime he is on the team sheet, i hope to see the former and not the latter

Crazy how there’s so much praise on here for Bernard....one of our best players. Ancelotti doesn’t pick him. But the same love for Carlo is on there......something missibg

Status
Not open for further replies.