Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure Matty

To plagiarise @Zatara and his line up posts:

Pickford

Kenny / Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Digne

NEW RM - Gomes - Gbamin (trusting Brands) - Bernard / Iwobi

Richarlison - DCL

I can't see where these 4 or 5 first teamers are required?

I'd like Ake, personally think he's ace.

RM, no idea. Can't think of many in the PL although Ryan Fraser is available on a free I think in the summer.

I don't think we require the major surgery people are suggesting. Think it's 2 or 3 quality signings and maybe a Fraser-type signing.

Fair assessment mate, but we are relying on Gbamin coming good AND maintaining his fitness, which I really hope he does btw.

Again, we are faced with the prospect of having to find homes for our grossly overpaid waifs and strays this summer. How successful we are at this will probably dictate how our summer pans out, I just don't see Bolassie, Sandro, Schneiderlin or Sigurdsson going anywhere anytime soon due to wages.......why would you kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Walsh and Koeman have a lot to answer for.

Agree that we need 2-3 quality signings for the first team but we do also need to sign some better players for the squad as well, unless we want to see S and S back in midfield when we get injuries.

Would dearly like to see some decent competition for Pickers.

FFP will not be an issue this summer
Carlo Ancellotti did not come here on a promise of sell to buy
Neither did he come with a cloth and a tin of pledge to polish turds

My suspicion is we make one big sale which will help with the accountancy side of the club. Probably Richarlinson at in excess of £100million. That essentially wipes any debt down and with the increases in sponsorship gives us a lot of flexibility to operate again.

A sale of that size allows us to invest again akin to Walsh's 2nd summer. The question is can we do so without throwing money away hand over fist?

I think the recruits will be a bit younger and a bit less known than maybe we think. Seen links to Ihatterren and Jonathan David. Both would be exciting.

I'll throw another name into the mix. Leao. It hasn't gone well for him at Milan but we had a big interest in the summer (albeit some of that down to Silva). We have looked to buy players who are not settled at top clubs when some of their value has been lost and capitalise on the deal. I could see a loan deal here. I also think Lozano could happen on loan too. Both would improve our team significantly without us having to spend fortunes.

I'm not sure Matty

To plagiarise @Zatara and his line up posts:

Pickford

Kenny / Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Digne

NEW RM - Gomes - Gbamin (trusting Brands) - Bernard / Iwobi

Richarlison - DCL

I can't see where these 4 or 5 first teamers are required?

I'd like Ake, personally think he's ace.

RM, no idea. Can't think of many in the PL although Ryan Fraser is available on a free I think in the summer.

I don't think we require the major surgery people are suggesting. Think it's 2 or 3 quality signings and maybe a Fraser-type signing.
I think this is a bit too blue tinted. When you look at the teams we want to compete with, the Big 6 plus Wolves and Leicester, we don't stack up that well.

DCL, Richarlison and Digne would play for anyone. Gomes is useful for most. A few others might fit that category too.

But a lot don't get anywhere close except for the odd team here or there. Pickford isn't playing for any of them. Mina and Holgate might get into Wolves or Arsenal, but wouldn't touch some of the better back lines. Our RBs stink in comparison to most of the others. We haven't seen Gbamin, but even if he's good we really need a third midfielder at that level. Our wingers aren't even close to those sides either.

We are starting to get the shell of a competitive side and Carlo is getting more out of them no doubt, but quality wise we are still a fair few players away from being all the way there. I'd say we need improvements at CM RW and RB as starters and then need to look at CB GK and the other wing too.

Some of those fit. Power, maybe Saha, Weir I guess. But Reid and Grey were 26 and 28. We're talking about in reference to Willian who is 32.

Even still if the number is 5 or 6 in 35 years, it probably isn't the soundest team building strategy.
Would you take Messi & Ronaldo right now ?

Moutinho was 32 when he signed for Wolves.

My suspicion is we make one big sale which will help with the accountancy side of the club. Probably Richarlinson at in excess of £100million. That essentially wipes any debt down and with the increases in sponsorship gives us a lot of flexibility to operate again.

A sale of that size allows us to invest again akin to Walsh's 2nd summer. The question is can we do so without throwing money away hand over fist?

I think the recruits will be a bit younger and a bit less known than maybe we think. Seen links to Ihatterren and Jonathan David. Both would be exciting.

I'll throw another name into the mix. Leao. It hasn't gone well for him at Milan but we had a big interest in the summer (albeit some of that down to Silva). We have looked to buy players who are not settled at top clubs when some of their value has been lost and capitalise on the deal. I could see a loan deal here. I also think Lozano could happen on loan too. Both would improve our team significantly without us having to spend fortunes.

Can’t see us selling Richarlison yet, no way Ancelotti has come here to have his best player sold straight away and also I imagine the club will be confident he’ll only keep increasing in value. Wouldn’t be surprised if we sell the following summer. We’ll get £15m for Tosun from Palace hopefully, and we could probably get £10m each for Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson if there’s any takers.

I doubt we will sell Ricarlison this season ,although I agree he will go at some point
I doubt Carlo will agree to sell our best player while he is trying to build something here.
The money will come from another Usmanov source ,probably through Shirt sponsorship
Agree on the tactic of signing players that previous moves have not worked out,however the Napoli owner De Laurentis is known to be an oddball and I cant see a loan being accepable for Lozano.
They will want to recoup their money plus he plays on the left and we have a more urgent need on the right wing

I'd only go for 4 outfield targets and a new keeper in the summer.

1 x Centre Half
1 x Right back
1 x Central Midfielder
1 x Right Wing/Inside Right Forward

1 x Goalkeeper

We have signed way too many players recently. We need to let our younger players showing promise continue to develop. We need quality over quantity. And we need to leave open the pathway for other young players.

Those 3 are the key ones, go for quality.

Have Kenny and Coleman at RB for half a season and see how they fare.

We can only afford to go for a GK if someone throws silly money at us for Pickford. Who knows, he might have a good Euros and Chelsea might come back for him. We ditch a much maligned figure who has lost the trust of the fans and maybe he benefits from a fresh start too.

Would you take Messi & Ronaldo right now ?

Moutinho was 32 when he signed for Wolves.
There are obviously exceptions to every rule but it's just not something we should make a habit of. Using the greatest players of all time as examples doesn't really mean anything. I would not sign Willian or Dries Mertens as has been suggested here the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.