Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The positives are void for me. That game has ended our season, yet again we’ve choked our important game and made a good run pointless

Siggy is a disgrace, Sidibe doesn’t know his position and Pickford flaps about dramatically to hide the fact he is poor positionally which means he lets in goals that he should never let in

Made enough chances to get something there - they were really on the ropes towards the end. Gave away some poor goals, didn't play at all well, but still should have had at least a point. Frustrating, but let's do better next Sunday.

Europe will be very difficult now. Especially as our next 2 games are Utd and Liverpool. We obviously missed being in the bottom half but thats where we are now.

Gomes back. That is a big positive.

This season has been a total nightmare.
The worst in 35 years of watching football.

The club needs to take stock, sort out those that are good enough for a crack at top spot next season (that has to be the aim), and get shut of the dead wood.

If no one will take them. Overspend.
Use the financial muscle of USM.

NSNO.

Let down by the defending of Sidibe and the finishing of DCL there.

Not a bad showing. Arsenal's goals were good. Scored and created by their best players. We were fielding a pretty weakened side.

Unlucky. Season not over. If we beat United, we're back in the mix, hopefully with Gomes, Walcott and Digne back fit.

Mutzo's observations

1. Bad team selection with sidibe and iwobi cost us dearly
2. poor finishing - We need a quality striker sooo bad
3. Pickford - bellend. Had his usual moment

but on the whole we played well. Should have won given the chances we had. Gomes is sex, missed him so bad

I don’t think it’s much different to be fair mate, we have been woefully naive all game and our game plan seems to be “see what happens”.

Last season we lost 0-2 under Silva at the Emirates, and that was arguably one of the better away performances by Silva's Everton. This season, yes we lost again (but at least scored twice), and the stats suggest we were unlucky.

He had one bad miss. Scored a very good goal. It was defenders cost us the game .
But there are people here who want to slate him regardless.
Some of our fans are the biggest bells in the world.
No middle ground. We beat palace and we should be top 4. Lose today and are pathetic bottlers .
Honestly a lot of these people get exactly what they deserve.
he missed a utter sitter of a header which he should score which i said-if you didnt agree thats up to you,and missed other great chances,

I have a lot of respect for Ancelotti, but we have not won at arsenal for 24 years and he starts Snides and Sigs (very bad call imo) after the subs we were much better but to little to late, missed chance today.
Gomes has done one 90 minute training game mate, think it was a bit optimistic to think he would start. When he did come on his passing was beauty but clearly not match fit. We are short in options in cm and besides moving holgate into midfield and having Keane at the back against pace there isnt much else he could have done. I thought we largely handled their strikers well, just undone by quality balls into the box and rb falling asleep as we know he is prone to do.

Sickener of a result and such a missed opportunity. Absolutely battered them in that second half and we made 3 or 4 unbelievable chances.

Certainly positives in defeat though, Gomes absolutely bossed it when he came on, Richarlison was magnificent again and the Calvert-Lewin goal show goes on.

Hopefully Carlo has made his mind up on both Sidibe and Iwobi now. They are both shocking footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.