Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel our brave lion hearts succumbed to the pressure of expectation: as a fan base, we must learn to not put our brave lads under such pressure.

We were unlucky today, pushed Arsenal to the brink and had 4 clear chances we squandered. Positives to take from it even though the result is a punch in the gut. Europa league still a possibility but it's looking more and more unlikely.

I have a lot of respect for Ancelotti, but we have not won at arsenal for 24 years and he starts Snides and Sigs (very bad call imo) after the subs we were much better but to little to late, missed chance today.

The lads just had a week off enjoying their luxury lifestyles yet far too many of them looking looked they'd rather have had an extended holiday rather than get back on the field. I'm looking specifically at Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Delph, Sidibe and Iwobi. If all 5 of them never played for us again I'd be made up.

Surely by your own logic we just need better players? I don’t think there’s a witches curse on us

Our record down there and everywhere else away at the top 6 speaks for itself. Absolutely no doubt we need better quality players but to miss that many chances and conceded 3 silly goals against a dire Arsenal side screams of being cursed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.