2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t polish a poo,

Brands has been hampered with the quantity of dross brought in before him.
He has plugged gaps and made some great buys to boot.

i think he’s doing well, all things considered.

I look on with bemusement at the hate on here which I actually think is generated by a small numbe4 of posters. A whole load of negative stuff was thrown at Duncan Ferguson right up to him taking charge. How things have changed,

None of us know the actual constraints he is working with. None of us know his working relationship with Angelotti. None of us know anything about how he is working other than seeing the players he buys. Angelotti seems fine with him, and won’t work without the director of football.

Brands has a track record of signing youngsters who develop well. We have been banned from signing youngsters, so this aspect of his role has been blocked.

He,s having to deal with an avalanche of rubbish from the previous regime. We have players like Bolasie. Sandro, Martina and Niasse who are swallowing resource and are more or less unshiftable. None of this is Brands fault.

i will judge the role after we see the results of some of his younger player buys, because that is apparently his real skill.
As you are new on here I’d just like to warn you that rational well thought out reasonable posts like yours don’t go down very well on GOT
Hence the lack of them on the forum lol

As to the first part
Judging by his posting history YES would be the correct answer

Status
Not open for further replies.