New Everton Stadium Discussion

Club have put in planning permission for the Engine house to be a exhibition/cultural centre with a cafe. Which is pretty much what St Luke's is on a match day. It's a shame it's not going to be a bar like the Pump house at the Albert Dock as that would have worked really well.
Hopefully a museum to hold the David France collection ;)

Of course and I do understand the issues that are on that side of scales, I'm just thinking about the next 100 years for Everton football club. We are blocked in at one end unless we can move the wastewater plant out eventually and going by height and every other restrictions we are facing now - it isn't going to get any easier when there is actual residential properties around Nelson Dock. Just seems a missed opportunity, it will never be less expensive than now to add seats. It may seem like I'm unhappy and moaning about it, I'm not, I am grateful for what he is giving us, again ot is just that wistful couldn't it be a bit more.
Honestly, it never came across like that and you’re argument is undeniably valid - most of us would prefer more. I just trust that there’s reasons why we aren’t.

Anyone know how tall the Top Balcony is, for comparison?
Read somewhere years ago that the highest point of the roof was 75 feet roughly 23 metres so the new stadium will be TWICE AS HIGH.....WOW.

This is the cross section overlap:

Screenshot_20200221-142131_Drive.jpg

That was more to do with RA not being allowed in the country.
Even so, that lapse will now allow us to be in a new stadium before Chelsea. I think their planning application approvals runs out in March of this year, meaning they’ll have the long slog of public consultations, redesign to meet up-to-date standards, finding an alternative home whilst building work progresses, etc.

Even so, that lapse will now allow us to be in a new stadium before Chelsea. I think their planning application approvals runs out in March of this year, meaning they’ll have the long slog of public consultations, redesign to meet up-to-date standards, finding an alternative home whilst building work progresses, etc.

Slipped my mind that they even went as far as PP. Just thought they had those designs published. Either way, you are almost certainly correct. They were going to play 4 seasons at Wembley iirc!

Is that from the original renders though (when they were planning for it to be 60k)

Either way I guess it'll still be even bigger than the main stand so very imposing as all 4 sides of the stadium will be large

It is the new 52k layout without the integrated car park etc. So height and arrangement of the seating areas stay the same it will just have a much wider footprint going out towards the mersey.

Three stands will also be that height, the North stand slightly smaller than our existing main stand perhaps (so it is not small!) but the roof is still at the same height as the rest of it.

Yes no worse than what we have at Goodison from the front row to the pitch, but then obviously the higher up the further away you'll be as BMD doesn't have the overlapping tiers.

looks alright when you look at the mobile app and the view from the top tiers. Mind you id rather be a little bit higher up and with a good view than at the back of the lower bullens where its like a peep show and celebrating could cause you to whack your head on the roof