New Everton Stadium Discussion

ERKYQo2WsAEiLOy

:Blink:

Is that less away fans than now despite stadium increasing by 12k?
I think its around the same mate. Sure its about 2,600 currently. I'll check

Edit - apparently we offer just over 3k for Goodison, or 1,700 for smaller allocations and that happens a lot. So hopefully that would be another 1k on general sale for a few games
We will have to offer a minimum of 3k for away fans. So I assume the away figure stated will be topped up to 3k with an allocation of disabled wheelchair bays also

docs also says reds outnumber blues by 2:1 in the city.

It does.

On the flip side, our match going support from the City must be similar (considering we have more season ticket holders and they attract and actively target tourists and supporters from elsewhere).

So they outnumber us 2:1 but most of that will be casual, non match going supporters.

Outside of the city their casual supporter base is huge. I live down in London and a fair few of my good friends support them - though none of them have been to Anfield, watched Liverpool play in person, or have any connection to the city.

Apologies of this has been brought up before but can’t look through all these pages.

What’s the plan with public transport? I usually get the train from Ormskirk(wool) to Kirkdale. What will be my best route via public transport?

I drive but have to be under the influence to watch us so won’t be driving the games.

It does.

On the flip side, our match going support from the City must be similar (considering we have more season ticket holders and they attract and actively target tourists and supporters from elsewhere).

So they outnumber us 2:1 but most of that will be casual, non match going supporters.

Outside of the city their casual supporter base is huge. I live down in London and a fair few of my good friends support them - though none of them have been to Anfield, watched Liverpool play in person, or have any connection to the city.
Course they haven't.

This stadium is going to change so much for us. I feel like when we can actually see it being constructed our anxiety as a fanbase will decrease.

We’ve been close on a few occasions over the last 20-odd years of having decent teams but we’ve always lacked that extra something to push us on (mostly money). Then we’ve always had the issue of knowing we need a new stadium to really progress and sustain a position at the top end of the table. I feel Goodison has been a stone around our necks, weighing us down.

I’m not saying this stadium will catapult us straight back to winning league titles but what it will do is put us on an even keel with our rivals. No longer will we be handicapped by a inadequate stadium.

It will change everything, we will have a waterfront iconic stadium and idc surrounded by new developments (Liverpool Waters). It will become a place pointed out to all. It is what the club primarily needs to propel us.

Fort me much is in place now for our future, Our owner, Our DoF, Our manager, The basis of a very good team. Quite something to look forward to only regret is I am quite on in years as our some other members on here who may not see this come to fruition.

Hope I can and sit on the front with my wife enjoying a bottle of wine overlooking the river.

It does.

How do they know that tbh. It must be guesswork. All you can do as a blue in the city is make sure your kids are blues. I have done that with my 3 lads. Most youngsters in the city who don't really have anyone in the city interested in football will go to the dark side because they are successfull.
I worked at a station of 12. 3 blues 8 reds 1 no interest. 2 blues went the match. 1 Red went the match. The 7 other reds had their liverpool mugs but most had never been to Anfield. That's how it works in the city.

Apologies of this has been brought up before but can’t look through all these pages.

What’s the plan with public transport? I usually get the train from Ormskirk(wool) to Kirkdale. What will be my best route via public transport?

I drive but have to be under the influence to watch us so won’t be driving the games.

Doesn't the Ormskirk line join up with the Liverpool to Southport line?