New Everton Stadium Discussion

RE naming rights deal - was wondering earlier as its going to be 3-4 years for the stadium to get PP and built - I wonder will they announce say a 5-6 year deal initially at say £15 million a year but starting with the renaming of Goodison?

1. So say we became USM Goodison Park from next season for the 3 years at £15 million whilst BMD is built.

2. BMD gets built - deal gets renewed at an increase to £20-25 million and BMD is named the USM Arena or the like.

I just have a feeling they'll rename GP or something whilst they wait these next 2-3 years.

Why have the planning documents not been published on the LCC planning website? Is the failure to publish such documents going to lead to a delay in the planning process?

RE naming rights deal - was wondering earlier as its going to be 3-4 years for the stadium to get PP and built - I wonder will they announce say a 5-6 year deal initially at say £15 million a year but starting with the renaming of Goodison?

1. So say we became USM Goodison Park from next season for the 3 years at £15 million whilst BMD is built.

2. BMD gets built - deal gets renewed at an increase to £20-25 million and BMD is named the USM Arena or the like.

I just have a feeling they'll rename GP or something whilst they wait these next 2-3 years.
BMD is not going to be an arena

Why have the planning documents not been published on the LCC planning website? Is the failure to publish such documents going to lead to a delay in the planning process?
It's my understanding that the council have got all the required supporting documentation associated with the planning application Bunner.

It's not mandatory to submit an application via the planning portal, and it's not exactly a long walk from the Liver Building to the Cunard ( I'm assuming the planning dept is in the Cunard ).

BMD is not going to be an arena
Alisher Usmanov might tend to disagree
From his financial times interview

“They are going to build a new stadium. Why not the USM Arena? It is not obligatory for me to participate myself. I could just sponsor them.” A week after our meeting, Usmanov brokers a deal to bring Carlo Ancelotti, the former Real Madrid manager, to Everton.

He who pays the piper calls the tune

If all relevant documents are with LCC then it shouldn't hold up the process. Due to the size and scope of the application it may take some time to upload.

“They are going to build a new stadium. Why not the USM Arena? It is not obligatory for me to participate myself. I could just sponsor them.” A week after our meeting, Usmanov brokers a deal to bring Carlo Ancelotti, the former Real Madrid manager, to Everton.

Nah. It would never happen. In the US the words stadium and arena can sometimes be used interchangeably but in the UK an arena has a roof. Football venues are stadiums not arenas. Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena are not the same place.

Nah. It would never happen. In the US the words stadium and arena can sometimes be used interchangeably but in the UK an arena has a roof. . Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena are not the same place.

Perhaps you should write to the Cambridge English dictionary and explain the error of their ways. ;)
arena noun [C] (PLACE)
a large, flat area surrounded by seats used for sports or entertainment:

Was looking at Meis Architects' website and noticed that they clearly state twice in teh description that the capacity is 52,000 seats with potential to increase to 62,000 seats. Not 62,000 based on safe standing.

I wonder if this is right. Not sure where they could get another 10,000 seats.

I believe it is intentional that the documents are not available for us all to see

Those that need to see them have them in possession

They'll need to be made publically available at some point, by law.

iirc they need to be viewable to the public for something like 2 weeks, so I don't think you're at the point where anything is being held up yet, but it's a bit odd they're still not online.

I would think it'd be massively unusual for something this big and with this much public interest not to go online. As I said, Haringey put ours online 4 days after it was submitted. It all seems a bit odd. If the club weren't ready for it to be made public yet, why submit it two months ago? Why not wait?

They'll need to be made publically available at some point, by law.

iirc they need to be viewable to the public for something like 2 weeks, so I don't think you're at the point where anything is being held up yet, but it's a bit odd they're still not online.

I would think it'd be massively unusual for something this big and with this much public interest not to go online. As I said, Haringey put ours online 4 days after it was submitted. It all seems a bit odd. If the club weren't ready for it to be made public yet, why submit it two months ago? Why not wait?
I agree, it does appear a bit unusual. It could be a combination of things. The club has been a bit averse to criticism at times. Perhaps they wanted to be seen to have met a rather arbitrary deadline. However, there is a large heritage aspect to the proposals, that may not have been fully ironed out with all of those interested parties before the deadline. Not to mention all the financial connotations. As you say, they'll have to go public at some point....

Was Everton and BMD mentioned?