Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love the constant fume about something that hasnt happened yet. Being from the states, its crazy to see how papers there just make up stories by the thousands and you all are just okay with it. The first window I kept wondering how all of these "sure" deals werent going through. Then once I figured it out, I realized 99% of it is purely made up, or a little bit of truth with a big lie. Here, if an outlet put up a sure transfer or heavy rumor that didnt happen they would destroy their credibility, and be done for in a few years. Very interesting to see the massive cultural difference in both how things are done and what the expectations are.

you lost me at 'coming from the states'...

only messing

He was class against us this season and also against Man Utd...

Not sure what games youve been watching :eek:

Have him here at DM in a heartbeat...
Zat he can’t even win a starting spot at Arsenal and he’s been mediocre last season and this. Even if him being excellent in those games was true, and it’s not, having one or two good games doesn’t make him special.
This is one of those times where you’d be better off just saying, “Yeah I was wrong about this one,” and move on.

Apart from JJK :hayee:

True, Kenny is on less than a championship wage.

Kenny is on £15k per week. The average salary in the championship is £25k.

Pretty sure he is one of the top fullbacks in the German league this year. Which strengthens my point - judging attacking players for suitability for the Premier League based on statistical performance in the German league is inherently flawed.

Lots of people get their knickers in a twizzle when you say anything like this, claiming its snobbery etc. It's just cash cash money. If the lids on championship wages in the second tier euro leagues where any good they would come here and x2 x3 their money.

Was he? Thought he was grim along with the rest of their midfield.
His lack of ability to move the ball forward wouldn't be out of place here tbf.
Zat he can’t even win a starting spot at Arsenal and he’s been mediocre last season and this. Even if him being excellent in those games was true, and it’s not, having one or two good games doesn’t make him special.
This is one of those times where you’d be better off just saying, “Yeah I was wrong about this one,” and move on.

I like him...id like to see how he does in a semi-stable side over a season...

Think he would be ace under Ancelotti.

Who would you chaps like to see come in as a defensive midfielder?

It helps being able to attract anyone you want. We could offer double and he would still be going to Chelsea.

It sucks but that's just one more thing the club has to work on.
In fairness, the club can’t do a lot about not being in London. The Lao don clubs have a 10-20 yard head start in any dealing simply because they are in the capital city.

Status
Not open for further replies.