Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

They're not scoring many but we still occasionally have a defense that looks like they've never met before. Could see this being a 2-2 but it seems so far away, so much could change.....
knowing our luck we will pick up another midfield injury in Gomes' friendly game.

They're not scoring many but we still occasionally have a defense that looks like they've never met before. Could see this being a 2-2 but it seems so far away, so much could change.....
knowing our luck we will pick up another midfield injury in Gomes' friendly game.
They only have 4 wins at home - Burnley, bournemouth,villa and man utd [6 wins all season],scoring 18,con 18, we have 3 wins away scoring 16,con 24

Honestly they're about even for me. Coleman doesn't get caught out of position but Sidibe can put in good crosses. So I don't really mind which of them starts.
Coleman kills our passing because the midfield is so terrible. The build up play is noticeably better with Sidibe. I think that matters more than the questionable defending at this point. Once Gomes comes back maybe that changes.

This will be a tough game I reckon, even though they are an average Arsenal team, they have what none of our last few opponents haven’t got, that’s goalscorers.
If Palace had a decent striker last weekend would have been closer.

There does seem more resilience about the team now, and I think the realistic chance of Europa League will spur the players on.

This will be a tough game I reckon, even though they are an average Arsenal team, they have what none of our last few opponents haven’t got, that’s goalscorers.
If Palace had a decent striker last weekend would have been closer.

There does seem more resilience about the team now, and I think the realistic chance of Europa League will spur the players on.

Was saying the same thing to my lad. Defensively we'll have too tighten up against Arsenal and cut out the silly mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.