2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of last season he had a bit of a purple patch, and earned the right to get game time this season.

Thought it’d be as backup to Kean, but that hasn’t worked out, but the lad has added goals to his game. 11 in 24 in the PL, which is fantastic in a team which hasn’t been great most of the season.

Didn’t play well yesterday but still got an assist and a game-killing goal.

Also seems intelligent and level-headed, perfect attributes to learn.

I’ve been plenty critical of DCL many times, but he’s a difficult lad to dislike, and if he gets 15+ goals this season then he’s done his job.

Nice to see him completely ignore my post to him as well.
My point was very specific: he doesn't chance a 50-50, and he doesn't get across defenders to get his head in where it could hurt.

"Aerial duel" is a general category - the aerial duels he wins are when he's asked to leap up to reach a ball - which he does a lot because he has good spring in his legs.

Last edited:
My point was very specific: he doesn't chance a 50-50, and he doesn't get across defenders to get his head in where it cold hurt.

"Aerial duel" is a general category - the aerial duels he wins are when he's asked to leap up to reach a ball - which he does a lot because he has good spring in his legs.

Well, I disagree wholeheartedly. The lad has a lot to work on, but I'm satisfied with his aggression and ability to use his presence so far this season. He's not Richarlison, but we don't give out about Bernard not being Messi. He is what he is, a solid striker trending upwards with a few glaring holes in his game. That sentence could apply to almost every good 22 year old playing at the top level.

Think about this: if, as seeems likely, Richarlison is poached this summer, DCL will be our main striker.

Now that's frightening to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.