Match Thread Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....results reflect it’s certainly working but we do tend to get outnumbered at times in midfield. Palace always seemed to have a man over but didn’t capitalise on very good situations.

With two up top I’m surprised we don’t get it forward quicker. It’s frustrating at times seeing us pass around the back four, especially when we’re not very good at it. The Richarlison goal was terrific; a ball knocked up, DCL battling and Richarlison gambling for the flick-on to score from nothing.

Having a player liek Richarlison as part of the two upfront though means you can switch it around and have an extra body in midfield.

Our main issue at the moment is not having any quality at all in the centre of the pitch.

Think it is because he has set the bar so low in his here. A tackle a pass and everyone creams themselves. But I did think he did ok today. But not the answer in the long term at all

Agreed

I thought he did somewhere between 'ok' to 'well'.

First goal comes from him sticking a foot in, didn't shy out. Didn't really do much on theball apart from a couple of excellent sprayed balls wide.

Ultimately not the answer longer term though.

Massive games now those 4... 7-9 points and we'll be in a battle for 4th.
We took 5 points from the corresponding fixtures. Utd are there for the taking. Arsenal are struggling. Chelsea away not as daunting as it used to be (Bournemouth, West Ham & Southampton all won there this season).

I'll not comment on big red...

Having a player liek Richarlison as part of the two upfront though means you can switch it around and have an extra body in midfield.

Our main issue at the moment is not having any quality at all in the centre of the pitch.

...it does, Andy. It’s always an option to put Richarlison out wide during games, especially knowing he’ll put a shift in. There was a moment in the 2nd half where he dispossessed a Palace player when they were breaking, he’s a managers joy.

100%.

Change of shape won us the game and we looked lethal on the counter. He stifled that midfield with getting Davies in there and that wrestled us back control which had massively slipped away 2nd half.

Just goes to show that just having bodies in there makes a big difference. Imagine if those three bodies we're not Siggy, Frauderlin and Tom Davies.

...it does, Andy. It’s always an option to put Richarlison out wide during games, especially knowing he’ll put a shift in. There was a moment in the 2nd half where he dispossessed a Palace player when they were breaking, he’s a managers joy.

He's utter class. Now well established as a striker, can go wide and be a huge threat. Fantastic goal, work rate as good as anyone, passion, can control the ball, a constant threat, a constant nuisance.

I fear he wont be with us for that much longer (relatively), enjoy his quality while we can. Absolutely fantastic footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.