New Everton Stadium Discussion

Lad you are from the @davek school of posting
Usmanov said in an interview that he will sponsor the stadium
He paid 30m to join a non existent queue to bid for the naming rights
Of course he’s going to pay for it
It's like you think the words of billionaires are written on tablets of stone never to be broken, Hicks and Gilette, Randy Lerner et al are offering fig rolls and tea to people like you in return for a chat about using your loot in another footy adventure. Get a grip, lad

With the greatest respect we are not Southampton or Coventry. It's no surprising that Southampton struggled seeing the Dell was what 14k capacity?

But even so I'd imagine the stadium is bought and paid for now. Which seeing even for a flat pack stadium like theirs would still cost over 100 million, means they aren't in that bad a place. Had we had the balls to move to King's Dock we would have been laughing. 30 million seemed a lot back then, just as 500 million does today. Who knows what it will seem like in 20 years, but throughout the course of the last 120 years it shows it will be more manageable than it is now.
As you infer the Dell was/is not Goodison Park their move had far more justification than ours and still ended in them effectively going bust. Bottom line is we're going massively in debt simply to be nearer the river when the same capacity could be achieved for a fraction of the cost at GP

It's like you think the words of billionaires are written on tablets of stone never to be broken, Hicks and Gilette, Randy Lerner et al are offering fig rolls and tea to people like you in return for a chat about using your loot in another footy adventure. Get a grip, lad

Not taking sides here, but what do you suggest we do ? Have you an alternative ?

They were pretend crooks with no end game
Usmanov is a real crook with an end game ,and it ain't Everton
We are an ego boost and a way of putting 2 fingers up to Kronke
Ever heard of sports washing money ??

Going on your theory ,there's no point in getting out of bed in the morning in case I stub my toe
Well if you've done your research and realise you're having a kip in an engineering shop with tools and bits of metal everywhere you probably wouldn't but if you're a fantasist ignoring facts it's not a problem because you can fly

They were pretend crooks with no end game
Usmanov is a real crook with an end game ,and it ain't Everton
We are an ego boost and a way of putting 2 fingers up to Kronke
Ever heard of sports washing money ??
That would be quite funny normally, it's just that, well.it ain't normal.

Tenuous, desperate kite flying, yes,.but not normal

As you infer the Dell was/is not Goodison Park their move had far more justification than ours and still ended in them effectively going bust. Bottom line is we're going massively in debt simply to be nearer the river when the same capacity could be achieved for a fraction of the cost at GP

Not after you start subtract naming rights, extra events and the premium seating that will never pull in the type that BMD will. That difference starts narrowing significantly and more likely to put us in trouble if we start struggling and then all that extra tiers we have added will remain empty and won't be paying for itself.

Nothing is 100% certain in life, every decision is a calculated risk but I'm fairly confident spending 200 million on Goodison will not bring the return of spending 500 at BMD.

A 10 year naming rights deal at 20 million will bring that down to a 100 million difference for starters.

Not after you start subtract naming rights, extra events and the premium seating that will never pull in the type that BMD will. That difference starts narrowing significantly and more likely to put us in trouble if we start struggling and then all that extra tiers we have added will remain empty and won't be paying for itself.

Nothing is 100% certain in life, every decision is a calculated risk but I'm fairly confident spending 200 million on Goodison will not bring the return of spending 500 at BMD.

A 10 year naming rights deal at 20 million will bring that down to a 100 million difference for starters.
As you say nothing is certain but precedent shows overwhelmingly clubs building new stadia have issues

Some thoughts for consideration, despite it being about West Ham it's actually heart breaking to think of a club so bereft of its soul now.

Btw I'm comparing BMD with the London Stadium

Why are you comparing it though ? BMD will be a purpose built football stadium, built for us. Not like WHU's ground built for Athletic's Commonwealth games. We will be by the heart of the City centre on the waterfront, and it will be our ground, no one else's.

Redevelop GP as per @Tom Hughes

If we still had Kenwright and his cronies running the clubs would totally agree with you. The failed Kings Dock was like a kick in the guts and, if and I mean a big if, this snowfalls through and I can see no real reason why it would. Then and only then, I would whole heartedly go back to a restructure/ re- build of Goodison. But right now I am all aboard with BMD.