2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, good players we bought and made quality players :

Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill, Gomes, Digne, Gana, Mirallas, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines.

Young players we developed :

DCL, Holgate

Outstanding transfer policy, sign me up
So, good players we bought and made quality players :

Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill, Gomes, Digne, Gana, Mirallas, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines.

Young players we developed :

DCL, Holgate

Outstanding transfer policy, sign me up
Some of those players on your buying quality list fit better into the developmental side. Baines was bought when he was 23 and got way better. Arteta was 22 and also improved massively here. I'm not saying they all have to be 19 but they also shouldn't be 27.

so what are we upto now like 5 young players developed and sold for decent profit
Considering that we have only bought one or two guys a season to do it with I don't really think that's bad. Even so-called failures have almost always netted a profit. Are we making a profit on Gylfi Sigurdsson or Bolasie?

Some of those players on your buying quality list fit better into the developmental side. Baines was bought when he was 23 and got way better. Arteta was 22 and also improved massively here. I'm not saying they all have to be 19 but they also shouldn't be 27.

I honestly dont care how old they are mate.

I think we need players of all ages, I mean when I look at players unless they are Baines age I dont really consider their ages, buying is different of course.

Barry and Distin, Gough back in the day, Nigel Martyn, age isnt that important to me, hunger means more, if the player has the hunger it doesnt matter how old they are. You see players like Lookman with no drive whatsoever, then theres players like Zlatan, CR7 who have done it all but are still out there doing what they can.

I honestly dont care how old they are mate.

I think we need players of all ages, I mean when I look at players unless they are Baines age I dont really consider their ages, buying is different of course.

Barry and Distin, Gough back in the day, Nigel Martyn, age isnt that important to me, hunger means more, if the player has the hunger it doesnt matter how old they are. You see players like Lookman with no drive whatsoever, then theres players like Zlatan, CR7 who have done it all but are still out there doing what they can.
I said a little earlier that the key is finding players before other teams realize they're good. It doesn't always mean that they are young, it's just that is the best way. If we can pick off a bunch of 27 year olds that are secretly CL level and have been miscast then do it. The realist in me says that isn't going to happen. And that's why I think focusing on the younger players works better.

Kind of has what we lost in Lookman with the quickness on the dribble and a great snap shot. Luckily he seems to be able to handle the physicality of the league as opposed to Ade. Everything about his performance against Newcastle was promising.

And as for his character- I think he’s a good lad. Juventus probably spoiled him a bit and gave him very little responsibility. This was always going to be a big transition for him. He was excellent. Hopefully more to come.

I said a little earlier that the key is finding players before other teams realize they're good. It doesn't always mean that they are young, it's just that is the best way. If we can pick off a bunch of 27 year olds that are secretly CL level and have been miscast then do it. The realist in me says that isn't going to happen. And that's why I think focusing on the younger players works better.

Yeah and im not saying you are wrong, but there are uncut diamonds of all ages around.

Lookman and Vlasic have ruined it for me, entitled nobheads.

You clearly didn´t watch Rooney play for us then. Rooney looked like he was going to be one of the greatest of all time at 16 years old, Kean has looked like a rabbit in the headlights apart from Tuesday night.

Ahhh..... I get ya..... I must have said Moise Kean is exactly like Rooney and is as good as him.

Nope.... I just checked.... I definitely said he reminds me of him. Not sure how that means I never seen Rooney at 16.......

I seen Rooney quite a few times, I seen him have amazing games and ones where quite frankly you wondered who the imposter was......

16 year old Wayne Rooney absolutely taking the piss out of Darren Moore is one of my absolute favourite Goodison memories.

What is amazing is people say "memories".... and state only good things....

Let's be clear... aside Messi Rooney is the best teenage player I've seen.

But let's also be clear.... as a teenage player you will find the world's greatest players have some absolute stinkers. It's guaranteed

Kean is 19, playing in a different country a different language and a different style..... he is gonna be a star.

A lot disagreeing but I know what you mean, said the same thing to my bro at the start of the season. He looks explosive, there is so much untapped potential. Bit unquantifiable really and Rooney was a one off but get that same feeling.

That's my point.... he has the same type of power, balance and looks better with the ball at his feet being direct.... he needs to be doing positive things.

Not sure how others can't understand the difference between "remind" and "as good as"........ arnautovic reminded me of Zlatan. Was he as good as??? Nope.

What is amazing is people say "memories".... and state only good things....

Let's be clear... aside Messi Rooney is the best teenage player I've seen.

But let's also be clear.... as a teenage player you will find the world's greatest players have some absolute stinkers. It's guaranteed

Kean is 19, playing in a different country a different language and a different style..... he is gonna be a star.

You'd be hard pressed to find somebody on here who likes Kean as much as me....

Also, the thing about favourite memories is they are normally good

Ahhh..... I get ya..... I must have said Moise Kean is exactly like Rooney and is as good as him.

Nope.... I just checked.... I definitely said he reminds me of him. Not sure how that means I never seen Rooney at 16.......

I seen Rooney quite a few times, I seen him have amazing games and ones where quite frankly you wondered who the imposter was......

When I think of Rooney at Everton I think of a 17 year old kid controlling games. Just thought it was an odd comparison to make seeing as Kean has really struggled.

When I think of Rooney at Everton I think of a 17 year old kid controlling games. Just thought it was an odd comparison to make seeing as Kean has really struggled.

He has similar attributes and style to Rooney.... the way he moves, the low centre of gravity, strength,

This is a little off-topic but Man Utd signed Rio Ferdinand for £30m in 2002, and then two years later:

"United will pay Everton a guaranteed £20m, with that sum rising by as much as £7m, according to the 18-year-old striker's appearances and achievements."

"Everton will receive half of the £20m fee immediately, with the other half due on 1 August 2005.
A further £3m will follow if Rooney is still a United player by 30 June 2007.
Further payments could follow based on whether he renews his contract, and also depending on his appearances at international level."

At most we got £27.5m for England's highest ever goal-scorer and he was only 18. Ridiculous!

Let's hope Juventus feel the same way about Kean in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.