The Relegation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With over half a season left, you were bottling it, which is hilarious. I was close FedEx'ing you some emergency supplies.

6a3be9c7-9c9f-4380-8903-e11b49fee85d_1.4be5c590f12a824d131d87322dd73bda.jpeg
If they give you a undercracker bulge like that, I’ll have a pack if you’ve any left? the missus will think she’s won the ‘kin lottery! :)

We would need to win no more than 2 matches and lose about 11 to go down.

I'm not confident about us picking up tons of points. I am confident about us not losing 80% of our remaining matches. It's called realism.

Theres not one game there which I look at and think we have zero chance of getting at least a point. Not even at home to them. We could easily snatch a draw. That's not to say we will pick up points in them all but we're hardly going to get battered in them all either.
Especially when we've only lost 1 in 9.

Only because we sacked our manager and changed something. My point is that I think we need some fresh faces to change things up to enable us to get a few more positive results amongst those fixtures.

For the record, I don't think we'll go down, but I am saying I don't want to get dragged into any sort of relegation battle at any point. I'm not convinced that will be the case with the current squad depth and the forthcoming fixtures. We need to strengthen.

That's true but the same question was asked in the run in last season and the team came out the other side with results no one dared to predict.
Were on a run of 1 defeat in 9 games playing 'average' football.
People either see the positives, that being if the team gel better and new additions improve us performances will improve and winning runs will come or your a negative person and only see the mistakes.
I know the type of person I am and am looking forward to next season after Ancelotti has had two windows and a preseason to sort this group out.

That's true but the same question was asked in the run in last season and the team came out the other side with results no one dared to predict.
Were on a run of 1 defeat in 9 games playing 'average' football.
People either see the positives, that being if the team gel better and new additions improve us performances will improve and winning runs will come or your a negative person and only see the mistakes.
I know the type of person I am and am looking forward to next season after Ancelotti has had two windows and a preseason to sort this group out.

You have nailed my point. (which is now mainly lost in the transfer thread). Last night I got called sanctimonious for praising the performance. But it was our best performance for a long time and it also proved what we all knew anyway which was that we have mentally weak players. Let's add some new faces rather than resting on our laurels and make sure at no point over the next 10 games we even have to mention relegation battles. And I say this because we have a tough run of games..

How was it the `best performance for a long time'. It cannot possibly be.

The abject capitulation in the final 2 minutes render it one of the most dismal performances in recent memory. They play well for 90 minutes and utterly abysmally when it really mattered in the last 2.

The performances when we have not played well but gone ahead, then defended well to win are `better performances' than last night.

Based on what!?

Bar Watford, Chelsea and Southampton, we haven't beaten a single other team in the list. And we play Watford and Chelsea away. Really admire the confidence.

So? Half of those games were under Silva. We couldn’t beat Norwich under Silva so that means we can’t beat them going forward??? And are you writing off a home game against that absolute septic tank of a Man Utd team? Absurd. Don’t know what you’re trying to get at at all.

How was it the `best performance for a long time'. It cannot possibly be.

The abject capitulation in the final 2 minutes render it one of the most dismal performances in recent memory. They play well for 90 minutes and utterly abysmally when it really mattered in the last 2.

The performances when we have not played well but gone ahead, then defended well to win are `better performances' than last night.
Oh dear......a mad unfortunate 2 minutes and its the "most dismal performance in recent memory'? Shall I make a list of recent "dismal performances?" Its well into double figures mate

Status
Not open for further replies.