How quickly things can change in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real change is we've edged a few tight games. Performance wise it is largely the same overall. Obviously we are doing some different things stylistically, but we've yet to really dominate a game under Carlo because we don't have the midfield to do it.

It's a perception thing I suppose. I mean points wise we were only 7 points off 6th when Silva left, so it's not like we've massively closed the gap in that sense.

but we’re closer to 6th than relegation - which wasn’t the case with the Portuguese fraud.

anyway, results go our way today/tomorrow and you might change your tune!

if they don’t I’ll get back in my box lol

but we’re closer to 6th than relegation - which wasn’t the case with the Portuguese fraud.

I haven't got a tune to change, I was just offering my thoughts on why people may think the OP is not particularly balanced.

CA is manager of Everton for 31 days now. We have moved from relegation contenders to top six contenders in that time.
We would have a benefactor whose wealth extends to several billions although we are not sure of his exact relationship with the club just yet.
Planning permission formally lodged for the new ground.
The value of our squad would also appear to have risen even in that short space of time with Holgate and DCL in particular having probably added nearly 70-80m to their combined value. Tom Davies through regular football will have increased his value but not as dramatically and Richarlison has at least cemented the values he was linked with last season.
I am not sure if many players have decreased in value in that time but some of the newer arrivals like Kean and maybe Iwobi have had mixed seasons so far, but both are young and are still settling so there is plenty of hope for them under CA.

Baby steps but reasons for optimism after a miserable time to be an Evertonian.
Don't agree at all, we are nowhere near top 6 contenders, no way are DCL and Holgate worth 80mil, the bit about baby steps is right though, unfortunately other clubs make giant strides.

We are always going to operate in the same way, one step forward two steps back, we can say goodbye to europe next season because of the absolute state of the squad, nothing done so far this window, snails.

It's funny how it works isn't it, If we sacked Silva earlier than the Liverpool game a good chance we don't get Ancelotti at all, Everything kindly fell into place for us this time around.

The results went our way on Saturday mate, weren't you watching, did we capitalise on it, no we didn't, do we ever, no.

Unless the centre midfield positions are improved very quickly we are just as likely to go down the table as up, it’s a mess.
This 100%.

Those relegation certainties of 2 months ago, Watford & Southampton, are now looking like no such thing. Norwich pulling out the odd result also. Haven’t got a clue who’s going down this season, we look relatively safe atm, but a dodgy run now would make me nervous. Let’s get a couple of wins quickly.

Oh no a positive thread... we're going to lose tonight arnt we? Just when things start looking up and hope comes creeping back. You inevitably just get Evertoned it's the hope that kills you..

This 100%.

Those relegation certainties of 2 months ago, Watford & Southampton, are now looking like no such thing. Norwich pulling out the odd result also. Haven’t got a clue who’s going down this season, we look relatively safe atm, but a dodgy run now would make me nervous. Let’s get a couple of wins quickly.
If we hadn't sacked Silva I would hate to think where we'd be, right in the thick of it I'd imagine.

We had a pretty bad season last season - the winter period obvs but were saved by the home form towards the end which almost saw us qualify for europe(a). should bournmouth get a few wins on the board they'll be safe again - its the joy of football. Its also why I cant get my head around the October bedwetters claiming relegation is nigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.