New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes, there are understandable worries about what will be lost. But these will undeniably be compensated by what we gain. A city centre location (granted some work to be done in developing the area between stadium and commercial centre of city but much of that can bridged over next 3-4 years as stadium is built out.

We will have one of - if not the - best located stadiums in the league. It will arguably be one of favourite away trips for opposition fans and could be a tourist magnet of its own right (football permitting). Pre / post match beers in walkable Liverpool CC with that ground as a backdrop. Quite the attraction.

Surely we can’t even mess this opportunity up.

The size constraints could have been removed by buying out properties on Goodison Rd and doing a deal over the Bullens Rd school. Wouldn't cost more than a few million. A cheap way to expand the GP footprint -- certainly compared to the £100m needed to expand the BMD footprint by way of infilling the dock. Let's face it, the BMD decision makes no sense in a pure footballing sense; it only starts to make commercial sense in the context of the investment opportunities that Moshiri and Usmanov see in playing the key role in attracting and channeling investment money into the area from London and beyond.
Liverpool bought up houses around there ground starting in 70s. Had to negotiate with ,landlords, private tenants. 2 old dears who held up kemlyn road for about 20 years. Only now 40 years later have they really enlarged their ground. Do we really want to start doing that. I love goodison beginning in the 60s but it has seen its day now. Yes we should have started buying up in the 70s then we could have developed it. But now really looking forward to being in this ground. Large home end will generate the same noise. Will miss goodison but it's time to move on

Has anybody any idea of how many corporate boxes there are ??
Also are they of differing standards ie corporate , premium , VIP , Executive etc
Could be a way for Usmanov to pump money in upfront
Take 10 boxes at a million a season for 10 years upfront
That’s 100m for new players just before we move in

How do they rotate it, it would need loads of room either side as the pitch is a rectangle.

Tim one of these would help

B29F830C-F5C2-419A-8A1C-D1F5D66F88B7.jpeg

I saw the interview with Wenger. He did it with Klopp in Doha during the WCC. A lot of his complaints were with the stadium design itself, comparing it to how close the stands are at Anfield and Highbury. Hopefully it won’t be as bad for us.

As an aside, I visited the Al Bayt stadium in Qatar today. Semi final WC venue with a 60,000 capacity. Its incredible. It looks absolutely enormous. 52,000 will also look massive compared to Goodison.

off topic, but I noticed that the front row of seating behind the Lower Gwladys St goal last night looked to have been taken out of commission. Hadn't noticed that before. Has it been like that all season? Shame for the youngsters who typically prefer being so close to the action.

That is the single biggest worry I have about the move.

I think it's the right thing for the club commercially, redeveloping Goodison is probably not feasible given the space constraints. Much as it's our home I don't think we can continue to expect folks to put up with obstructed views, inadequate toilets etc. I worry though about what will be lost. The atmosphere, the sense of history locked in those stands, the memories of past games, the routines of individual matchgoers locked into whichever local boozer they've made their own.

A lot of the new grounds seem lacking in atmosphere. The Etihad looks incredible, but it's a bit of an antiseptic experience as a fan if that makes sense?

Yeah and even though its very early days, I'd have to argue that from afar the new White Hart Lane seems very underwhelming so far. Certainly hasn't been the fortress that most lilywhites were hoping and precting it would be during their wining and moaning at Wembley!

That is the single biggest worry I have about the move.

I think it's the right thing for the club commercially, redeveloping Goodison is probably not feasible given the space constraints. Much as it's our home I don't think we can continue to expect folks to put up with obstructed views, inadequate toilets etc. I worry though about what will be lost. The atmosphere, the sense of history locked in those stands, the memories of past games, the routines of individual matchgoers locked into whichever local boozer they've made their own.

A lot of the new grounds seem lacking in atmosphere. The Etihad looks incredible, but it's a bit of an antiseptic experience as a fan if that makes sense?

Trust me you’ve got absolutely nothing to worry about.

The stands look close to the pitch.

We’re a unique fan base imo, we get angry or whether when it counts which makes a good atmosphere.