2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny because no matter the split opinions on DCL we signed him for £1.5m and Ancelotti said he tried to sign him for Napoli already. The fact he's young and pacey, leaps well, works so hard, well if we wanted to sell him we'd get £30m at least from someone. He seems to tire himself out mentally with so much effort and when a chance comes he seems to rush it and not finish so well but he's worth £30m already IMO and that price tag can only go up. Maybe he needs to slow his game down a little at times but what a bargain at £1.5m. Walsh and Koeman at least made this good signing.

It's funny because no matter the split opinions on DCL we signed him for £1.5m and Ancelotti said he tried to sign him for Napoli already. The fact he's young and pacey, leaps well, works so hard, well if we wanted to sell him we'd get £30m at least from someone. He seems to tire himself out mentally with so much effort and when a chance comes he seems to rush it and not finish so well but he's worth £30m already IMO and that price tag can only go up. Maybe he needs to slow his game down a little at times but what a bargain at £1.5m. Walsh and Koeman at least made this good signing.

he said he tried to sign Kean. not DCL

but i agree it was a v good signing

he said he tried to sign Kean. not DCL

but i agree it was a v good signing

Carlo Ancelotti has revealed he has been tracking Dominic Calvert-Lewin for a number of seasons – but says it was never possible to sign the Everton striker.

The 22-year-old forward has taken his goals tally in the league this season to eight – his best ever return in the top flight – and won more praise from Ancelotti following the victory. And the Italian has now revealed he has admired Calvert-Lewin for a number of seasons, including in previous job at Napoli, but says he has not been the only opposition manager keeping tabs on the player's progress.

“He was a player we followed as a young striker, he was one of the players we followed but there was no possibility [to sign him],” he said.

“There are a lot of people who have eyes on him."

“He is young, all the players that are young need to improve and be focused and he is focused because, as I said, he is a humble guy.”

Carlo Ancelotti has revealed he has been tracking Dominic Calvert-Lewin for a number of seasons – but says it was never possible to sign the Everton striker.

The 22-year-old forward has taken his goals tally in the league this season to eight – his best ever return in the top flight – and won more praise from Ancelotti following the victory. And the Italian has now revealed he has admired Calvert-Lewin for a number of seasons, including in previous job at Napoli, but says he has not been the only opposition manager keeping tabs on the player's progress.

“He was a player we followed as a young striker, he was one of the players we followed but there was no possibility [to sign him],” he said.

“There are a lot of people who have eyes on him."

“He is young, all the players that are young need to improve and be focused and he is focused because, as I said, he is a humble guy.”

oh wow. v interesting

Why because I dont rate our 1 in 6 striker?

We aint ever getting to where Ancelotti was appointed to take us too with him as our no1 CF its as simple as that.

Miles behind the top 6 forwards + Vardy, Jimenez etc.

Possibly but it has been said to get us where we would like to be will take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.