Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get it at all.
As you say if you want to put your money in your business , thats your business not anyone else's.
If you over spend & mismanage you suffer the consequences as Leeds found out.

FFP is actively punishing clubs for their owners investing in it.
Surely in any commercial venture that is badly wrong.
No other area of business actively deters investment like football is doing. Unreal.

Dont get it at all.
As you say if you want to put your money in your business , thats your business not anyone else's.
If you over spend & mismanage you suffer the consequences as Leeds found out.

FFP is actively punishing clubs for their owners investing in it.
Surely in any commercial venture that is badly wrong.

As has been alluded to in this thread it would be great if ffp were to be challenged in the courts by a 'big' (read rich) club as legally it does not seem to be on particularly solid ground.

How can a new business owner not be allowed to invest to grow and improve that business?

Part of me thinks the relatively light sanctions (i.e. fines not bans) on blatant disregard for the rules by City and PSG were by tacit agreement that these clubs would not launch legal cases in real courts, just the court of arbitration for sport.

As has been alluded to in this thread it would be great if ffp were to be challenged in the courts by a 'big' (read rich) club as legally it does not seem to be on particularly solid ground.

How can a new business owner not be allowed to invest to grow and improve that business?

Part of me thinks the relatively light sanctions (i.e. fines not bans) on blatant disregard for the rules by City and PSG were by tacit agreement that these clubs would not launch legal cases in real courts, just the court of arbitration for sport.

Can they not just chuck us out of the league if we don't pay the fine?

I'm pretty sure we can get as rich as we want on the balance books so long as we don't spend it on transfer fees and wages.

Back to the build timeline itself, have the club released (or has Mr Chong verbally indicated) a program timeline for 2020? It will have clear milestones where their consultants, planner contacts will have given estimated timelines for the planning decision.

Do we have a reliable sense as to when planning approval is anticipated? And thereafter, how many stages are involved in the build itself and when stage 1 is slated to start?

(Am assuming financing is ready to be drawn down consistent with whatever timeline they are working to).
Finance

Can they not just chuck us out of the league if we don't pay the fine?

I'm pretty sure we can get as rich as we want on the balance books so long as we don't spend it on transfer fees and wages.

I'm no lawyer but I think the argument is that the rules of ffp are probably not legally defensible. Therefore any sanction from fine to being thrown out of the league could be challenged.

Playing in the league or any other competition is the core function of the club as a business, preventing inward investment in the business to do better in their business function is not disallowed in any other business sector.

As I say I'm no lawyer but in principle I think this is what it would be interesting to see tested.

I'm no lawyer but I think the argument is that the rules of ffp are probably not legally defensible. Therefore any sanction from fine to being thrown out of the league could be challenged.

Playing in the league or any other competition is the core function of the club as a business, preventing inward investment in the business to do better in their business function is not disallowed in any other business sector.

As I say I'm no lawyer but in principle I think this is what it would be interesting to see tested.

Tv money I suppose is a contract tied to actually playing in the premier league. That's quite substantial.

The point being missed here is that Football is a Sport which has laws. If you want to take part in the competition then you have to obey the rules. It has nothing to do with investing in your business. You can invest as much money as you want in your business as long as you follow the rules. That is why expenditure on Stadium development and the Academy is exempt.

If we are owned by Usmanov then that is the way forward. Build a massive Stadium that generates a lot of match day revenue and boosts commercial revenue and invest in the Academy. Show patience and we can reap what we sow.

The point being missed here is that Football is a Sport which has laws. If you want to take part in the competition then you have to obey the rules. It has nothing to do with investing in your business. You can invest as much money as you want in your business as long as you follow the rules. That is why expenditure on Stadium development and the Academy is exempt.

If we are owned by Usmanov then that is the way forward. Build a massive Stadium that generates a lot of match day revenue and boosts commercial revenue and invest in the Academy. Show patience and we can reap what we sow.

We’re guna buy our way to win the lot just as city mate ;)

Think you are the one missing the point.
There shouldnt be ANY rules in how much you want to invest in your business.

And more to the point...why should there be ?

Because it is supposed to be a sporting contest with rules. The richest clubs could afford to field a team of 30 or 40 players. So why not let them do so.

The other point is there is nothing at all stopping any owner from investing as much money as he wants in his Club. As long as his investment is in infrastructure and the Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.