2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that he is here for the whole term of his contract, cannot see him being shown the door like the last few. I also have a feeling we are his last club to manage and will likely extend his contract. We should be moving into a new stadium what better surround for him to continue. I think he will have the support idc to take us into Europe.

From your mouth to God's ears, fella.

I think that he is here for the whole term of his contract, cannot see him being shown the door like the last few. I also have a feeling we are his last club to manage and will likely extend his contract. We should be moving into a new stadium what better surround for him to continue. I think he will have the support idc to take us into Europe.

This is what hope/believe will happen. Going on the way he comes across in his book, he goes into every job with a long term goal but it doesn't work like that at the type of clubs he gets employed by. He's one of the lucky few who gets head hunted by the elite and he accepts long term appointments and elite clubs don't go hand in hand.

We however have appointed the biggest manager name ever and we have to let him work his magic, knowing at the same time he hasn't got his usual myriad of superstars.

2 legged ties are not new now.
'Get used' to playing in Europe - means nothing. We had 5 yrs continously from 62-63...got nowhere.
The rs had none and got to the Semis because they had a good team...until they met a better one.
How much experience did Villa and Forest have. United hadn't kicked a ball in Europe for 12yrs when they won it.
Everton had no prior experience in 85.
The better players you have the further you go.

I do not see us qualifying for Europe this season but next all being well.

This is what hope/believe will happen. Going on the way he comes across in his book, he goes into every job with a long term goal but it doesn't work like that at the type of clubs he gets employed by. He's one of the lucky few who gets head hunted by the elite and he accepts long term appointments and elite clubs don't go hand in hand.

We however have appointed the biggest manager name ever and we have to let him work his magic, knowing at the same time he hasn't got his usual myriad of superstars.

This is the conversation I keep having with my (United supporting) brother and my (RS supporting) ma. It's not like he's joined Everton because he's thrilled by the prospect of working with Morgan Schneiderlin, is it? He's here to build something and he's clearly assured himself of the owners strategy and ability to back him. This is the biggest opportunity Everton have had in my conscious time of supporting them being as I was born in 1981.

This is the conversation I keep having with my (United supporting) brother and my (RS supporting) ma. It's not like he's joined Everton because he's thrilled by the prospect of working with Morgan Schneiderlin, is it? He's here to build something and he's clearly assured himself of the owners strategy and ability to back him. This is the biggest opportunity Everton have had in my conscious time of supporting them being as I was born in 1981.

I genuinely haven't been this optimistic and excited since the 80's and one day in 95.

2 legged ties are not new now.
'Get used' to playing in Europe - means nothing. We had 5 yrs continously from 62-63...got nowhere.
The rs had none and got to the Semis because they had a good team...until they met a better one.
How much experience did Villa and Forest have. United hadn't kicked a ball in Europe for 12yrs when they won it.
Everton had no prior experience in 85.
The better players you have the further you go.

Sorry I have to disagree with you there. Comparing the CL/Europa with the old European competitions is chalk and cheese.

Pick the 79 cup win for Forest:

They beat Koln, Grasshopper, AEK and The RS over two legs and got Malmo in the final.

Villa had an even easier route but had to play Bayern in the final. Look at how many games and who they had to play? The speed of the games compared to back then, it takes some getting used to, bodies have to acclimatise to that level of work. Due to the fact that the same top teams are usually in it, those clubs are used to the playing styles of other countries, the atmospheres etc.

Utd were a top team and you saw how long they had to build to get to the final in the 90's and what happened to Wolves at the start of the season.

I agree the better players you have the further you go but we still have an inferiority problem and until you get out there and win games against good teams that will remain. If we miraculously get to CL before Europa it will be a blink and you've missed it affair. We have to get the confidence by winning first so when the players get out on the pitch they think 'we've got this'.

Sorry I have to disagree...

...I agree the better players you have the further you go but we still have an inferiority problem and until you get out there and win games against good teams that will remain. If we miraculously get to CL before Europa it will be a blink and you've missed it affair. We have to get the confidence by winning first so when the players get out on the pitch they think 'we've got this'.
The mental inferiority is the trouble. Get better players, win consistantly in the league, then get even better players, win even more consistantly.
Europe won't be a problem...unless you met a team with better players, or a better combative (mental) attitude...as mental attitude can work both up and down - for you and against you.
Short version; No experience reqd. just better players.
Opinions innit.

I think once we get through West Ham tomorrow, that 2 weeks off where he can work with the players properly will really help us for the rest of the season. He can build team spirit and get them trained in his ideas. Europe isn't completely out the question especially if the cups go our way and 7th ends up getting it.

I think once we get through West Ham tomorrow, that 2 weeks off where he can work with the players properly will really help us for the rest of the season. He can build team spirit and get them trained in his ideas. Europe isn't completely out the question especially if the cups go our way and 7th ends up getting it.
We finish above 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.