Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton u18s beat middlesbrough 1-0 for there 9th successive home win v Boro, Goal from Quirk

Other Results
Newcastle u18s 1 Man City u18s 2 - 2 goals last 10 mins win it for City
Stoke u18s 1 Liverpool u18s 2 - The standard late winner for the Liverpool u18s [so many games they do that],despite getting battered the whole 2nd half
West Brom 2 Derby 4

Games next week
Everton u18s v Man City u18s - 11am ko- [Everton have City home, West brom away, Derby away the next 3 league games]
Man Utd u18s v Liverpool u18s
Newcastle u18s v West Brom u18s

U18S TABLE

Man City 33 points from 13 Games
Liverpool 28 Points from 12 Games
Everton 24 points from 11 Games
Stoke 22 points from 13 Games
West Brom 19 points from 13 Games
Derby 18 points from 12 Games

This would be my u23 team going forward for the rest of the season.
Virginia
John Astley Ouzounidis Anderson
Denny Iversen Markelo
Adedoyin Simms Mampala

Feeney, Foulds, Baningime and Evans need to go out on loan in view of them finding new clubs. I'm assuming Charsley will be released as he had had his rehabilitation. Gibson, Adeniran and Gordon should be with the first team.
I don’t think I could argue much with that being our most experienced team based on your loans etc criteria, but the last half of the season is for me the time to move up promising u18s to the U23s . So I would definitely replace Denny with Onyango and Mampala with Dobbin , the pick of our 1st year Scholars, and I would say the pick of today’s u18 team.
At their best an Adeydoyin/ Simms/ Dobbin attack despite their inexperience at U23 level would be a great combination of pace, power and skill.
Rhys Hughes has impressed me this season at u18 , as he’s got a pro contract I’d leave him with the u18s, but I don’t think Mackenzie Hunt has a contract and if back from injury I would like to see him play U23s games in midfield to show what he’s got.

It can be a big step up from u18 to 23 for some , so you have to accept the decisions of the coaches who see them day in day out. But those players with outstanding potential stand out by playing up an age early, Onyango and Dobbin for me have that potential.

I don’t think I could argue much with that being our most experienced team based on your loans etc criteria, but the last half of the season is for me the time to move up promising u18s to the U23s . So I would definitely replace Denny with Onyango and Mampala with Dobbin , the pick of our 1st year Scholars, and I would say the pick of today’s u18 team.
At their best an Adeydoyin/ Simms/ Dobbin attack despite their inexperience at U23 level would be a great combination of pace, power and skill.
Rhys Hughes has impressed me this season at u18 , as he’s got a pro contract I’d leave him with the u18s, but I don’t think Mackenzie Hunt has a contract and if back from injury I would like to see him play U23s games in midfield to show what he’s got.

It can be a big step up from u18 to 23 for some , so you have to accept the decisions of the coaches who see them day in day out. But those players with outstanding potential stand out by playing up an age early, Onyango and Dobbin for me have that potential.

I was thinking about playing Ouzounidis, Denny and Mampala more to give them final chance of earning a contract. I think at this stage they are all likely to be released at the end of the season. Maybe move Markelo out on loan to free a space for Onyango. Dobbin and Hunt getting opportunities off the bench and if said players don't impress at least they had a chance.

Its 4th placed Arsenal u23s playing 6th placed Everton u23s tonight at 7pm in Southport, Arsenal are 7 points ahead and played a game more than Everton, Game is not on unless Everton show last min which we probably guess they wont, Arsenal are not showing it as they never do there games

---
Everton u23s also play in the Premier league cup friday night 7pm against Fulham, thats the top 2 in the 4 team group at the min
Watford play Plymouth week today
The top 2 go through after 6 games played

U23S Premier League Cup Table

Fulham 6 points from 3 games,
Everton 4 points from 3 games
Watford 4 points from 3 games
Plymouth 2 points from 3 games

Its 4th placed Arsenal u23s playing 6th placed Everton u23s tonight at 7pm in Southport, Arsenal are 7 points ahead and played a game more than Everton, Game is not on unless Everton show last min which we probably guess they wont, Arsenal are not showing it as they never do there games

---
Everton u23s also play in the Premier league cup friday night 7pm against Fulham, thats the top 2 in the 4 team group at the min
Watford play Plymouth week today
The top 2 go through after 6 games played

U23S Premier League Cup Table

Fulham 6 points from 3 games,
Everton 4 points from 3 games
Watford 4 points from 3 games
Plymouth 2 points from 3 games

Can't remember if they showed a stream last minute last season against Arsenal? Sure it was blowing a gale and finished 0-0 or 1-1

Can't remember if they showed a stream last minute last season against Arsenal? Sure it was blowing a gale and finished 0-0 or 1-1
Now you say that, you have me thinking i watched it and i do think your right that one was put on last min, but cant remember lol,if it was last season or the year before or it was just the highlights lol,Everton have defo not showed the last 3 home v these in march last year or 2017-just checked via this thread

out next u23s league game home [24th jan] and away [28th feb] v chelsea u23s is Live though [v chelseas website] and you dont need log in etc for those

Last edited:
Now you say that, you have me thinking i watched it and i do think your right that one was put on last min, but cant remember lol,if it was last season or the year before or it was just the highlights lol,Everton have defo not showed the last 3 home v these in march last year or 2017-just checked via this thread

out next u23s league game home [24th jan] and away [28th feb] v chelsea u23s is Live though [v chelseas website] and you dont need log in etc for those

Can always rely on Chelsea for a good stream ;)