2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but here I was looking at the absolute numbers. I wanted to know how many big chances he misses per 90 min. If I want to know the relative numbers, I can look at expected goals to get an overview:

View attachment 76293

We can see that the patterns are changing, but again nothing indicates that DCL has a high miss ratio.
soz mate, thats a bit too RAWK for me, is he boss or is he shizzle?

He’s older but I would like to have seen us go for the like of Dzeko or Manzukic both ageing now though perhaps they wouldn’t have come but, we could have thrown a lump of wedge there way, it would at least have got the thinking. We’ve wasted millions and million else where over the last few years.
Dzeko didn’t look mobile enough for the premier league when he was 23. He would be another high wages, past their best, boo incising forward. I personally think dcl is underrated and our best at having a 20 goal a season striker next year.

soz mate, thats a bit too RAWK for me, is he boss or is he shizzle?
Neither. Some see the potential in him, while others do not. Time will give us the answer. He must improve his finishing skills, his movements, and must be more selfish. He needs to shoot more, and use less energy in the game in general. At the same time, he has the physical qualities needed, and has shown progression - in a team that has struggled.

He is currently remembered more for his misses than the ones he does put away - the chance at the Gwladys St against Liverpool in the nil nil draw late on the other year, again on Sunday - score a winning goal against them he gets a different rep. Forget the winner in the under 20 World Cup, it’s quickly forgotten and for many doesn’t count when Solanke gets nominated as the best player. The chance away at Villa earlier this year and Arsenal the other year are quickly remembered as quickly as his double at Newcastle and header against Burnley when I thought his all round game that day was exceptional.

He’s definitely improved, his aerial ability and overall work rate are impressive but he has to do better in his decision making and ruthlessness in front of goal if he is to be the leader of our front line. We’ve shown incredible faith in him but I want him to succeed but he seems to lack the poaching ability of say a Tammy Abraham and is way behind a similar aged Rashford in terms of taking chances in big games. Comparisons to Sharp are fair....but Sharp scored important goals in big games.....time for Calvert Lewin yet. I think he’ll score the first tomorrow and at 5/1 is decent value!

Time will tell, tbh if Ancelotti can convince them no lady will. I see massive amounts of money and a massive change in players in the next year. End of the day money talks.
Ffp won't allow that though. That's the situation we are in now and until the squad is culled we won't be doing much at all

The spend big would probably do it, if we don’t we will be stuck outside the top 6 forever more. Tosun,Kean, Sigs combined is around 100 million, don’t tell me would couldn’t have got someone better in up front, oh and also the Lukaku money, board have let us down big style in replacing Lukaku.
The players mentioned were bought with the Lukaku money essentially weren't they? We also signed strikers and they haven't worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.