Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrappy win but at least we get three points.
Three home wins in a row and a clean sheet to boot, good to see us grinding out a result.......we can win ugly if we have to.
Richarlison was immense MoM.

It's a shame if DCL was a natural finisher he would be unplayable because I thought he did everything else very well today

finishing improving and he's getting chances despite most of club unable to get a cross w/in 5 yards of him. club gets better = he'll get better

Carlo doesn’t need to do anything lol

I’m sure he’s doing exactly what he needs to do, he’s Carlo Ancelotti

Some of yous lot are out of your minds
His changes put us under pressure at the end. I can admit he's 100000x the football mind I am and still see that.

We played some really good stuff for about 70 min until the ridiculous substitutions come about. Our two quickest midfielders who had been giving various options on attack are taken off and our midfield got lost.

Tom Davies was playing really well with Bernard and Walcott covering. Once they left the field, our midfield was non existent.

It makes me boil to see how our lads had to toil through and ran about like headless chickens trying to protect a 1nil lead simply due to the substituitions

Bernard and Davies were quality but Sigurdsson and Walcott were poor as soon as Delph came on we let them back into it

Thought we dominated the game until Bernard and Walcott went off (im not walcotts biggest fan but he played ok). It was a tough call between the two brazilian lads but i've gone for Richy for the class finish. A good 3 points and saves the weekend being dull but still too many errors from iceland and davies in midfield.

Those subs had my heart in my mouth, especially as we started inviting more pressure on.

Obviously happy to get the win in the face of horrendous officiating but wouldn't have been surprised if they'd scored in the last 10

Status
Not open for further replies.