the fans

could fans be to blame too??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodison Park's atmosphere has been bad for awhile. In fairness to the fans, we do turn up to games - but there's quite a lot of arm-folding come 30 minutes in and we never seem to recover from it.

To every poster. we all have our opinions rightly or wrongly but we are what we are we will have high times and more low times but as I see it we don’t have any choice you can’t switch off being an Evertonians many times I wanted to but it’s impossible we have no choice we have to stick with The team we love

There is one significant difference between fans of today and those of yesteryear.

Season tickets.

In the past, if the team was playing crap it was reflected in the crowd on matchday.

People voted with their feet.....particularly those most inclined to vent their anger vocally at the players.

I was one of the 13,000 hardy souls in Goodison when Cov came during the nadir of Howard’s first spell.

There was no anger that day....just apathy, resignation and a feeling that one’s life must be lacking sommat if that was how one spent a freezing cold winter Saturday afternoon.

But when there are 32,000 season ticket holders the average gate stays healthy and the angry men are not likely to be letting their money go to waste so will come the game and do what angry men do at football matches....fume, rant and vent.

lets use a comparison guys. yesterday u played against local rivals who played many young players and then felt nothing but support and belief from their stands. u can pay a guy as a professional but we are all human and need confidence and reassurance. do u think evertons players feel this compared to others??
Those fans have had something to shout about for ages...it becomes a habit
We haven't had much to shout about...it becomes a habit.

Vs Chelsea we had something to shout about - and did
Give us more to shout about until it becomes a habit.
QED

There is one significant difference between fans of today and those of yesteryear.

Season tickets.

In the past, if the team was playing crap it was reflected in the crowd on matchday.

People voted with their feet.....particularly those most inclined to vent their anger vocally at the players.

I was one of the 13,000 hardy souls in Goodison when Cov came during the nadir of Howard’s first spell.

There was no anger that day....just apathy, resignation and a feeling that one’s life must be lacking sommat if that was how one spent a freezing cold winter Saturday afternoon.

But when there are 32,000 season ticket holders the average gate stays healthy and the angry men are not likely to be letting their money go to waste so will come the game and do what angry men do at football matches....fume, rant and vent.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.