A convenient truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting Moyes instead of Ancelotti is kind of like turning down a night with a super model because you've heard the fat lass puts out on a first date and works harder.

In 20 years time you'd still remember the night with a super model regardless of how good a time you had. The fat lass might sort out your defence but it'll be a boring night you'll have forgotten about by next week.

Bit of an over reaction this on the back of a poor result. Won’t go into the derby game too much but you’ve got to remember that it’s a team that Ancelotti’s had no time to work with on the training ground and is learning what they’re capable/aren’t capable of with every game. He’ll probably have learnt more from that defeat than anything that’s come beforehand.

If you want to think about the bigger picture, We’ll start to see the impact of Ancelotti towards the end of the season and next season once he’s had a pre-season to prepare a team. We need to be patient and expect that there’s going to be ups and downs whilst he finds his feet at the club.

When the reds appointed Klopp, they weren’t crying out for Roy Evans or Souness to get the job because they ‘understood the club’. Klopps been given time, his first season wasn’t great, think he lost more than he won in his first 10 games and threw away enough 2 goals leads to make Martinez look like a defence minded manager. But he installed belief and they lapped it up (despite a fair few set backs & a couple of embarrassing defeats). Now they’re starting to see the benefits of that.

We can’t be writing off a manager of Ancelotti’s pedigree before he’s even had a full week to prepare a team for a game. Give him time and we’ll see what he’s capable of. He’s signed a 4 1/2 year contract, it’s abit daft to be questioning his fight 3 weeks into that.

This will no doubt be met with skepticism but this is coming from someone who looks at the bigger picture. Is Ancelotti a good signing for Everton at this stage? Of course the answer is time will tell. However what Everton needs is to build a club from top to bottom that fully functions. The last time we had that was when Moyes was manager.

My concern is whether carlo really has the fight at this moment in his career to do that. It's a question well worth asking and I do still feel that Moyes or someone similar (a hungry coach) would have been the better option right now.

We need to shape the team with good young progressive players and established players on the rise. We have to stop buying declining players on massive wages or injury prone players. It concerns we deeply when Everton are linked with ibrahimovic and James rodrigues. Ibrahimovic is nearly 40 and rodrigues is clearly a player who has been on a downward trajectory since the world cup in Brazil. Is it really good business for Everton to sign rodrigues at 28 on around 200k a week. He couldn't cut it in the German league for Bayern so whats to suggest he will in a tougher league with us and if he doesn't we are stuck with a player we cant get rid of.

Let's go get more Richarlisons. Young progressive players with potential to improve themselves and us. It's the only way forward I feel

Moyes is the poison that still runs through this club.

We will never be anything more than mid table until acceptance of mediocrity is taken out of the club (including fans yearning for 7th), the academy starts to value technical ability instead of hard work and players actually hate loosing games again.

Do you think he just thinks "That sounds like a laugh, no idea about them like but I'll give it a go"? He can have his pick of jobs and make the same money anywhere he likes. It's a long term project and he's been clear about that.
If true, the £10 million a year salary will convince you to do anything. Once the realization of the situation sets in you may see the task at hand a bit differently.

If true, the £10 million a year salary will convince you to do anything. Once the realization of the situation sets in you may see the task at hand a bit differently.

You think that, firstly, he needs the money?

Secondly, that he couldn't get it anywhere else?

If Ancelotti is picking a job, it's because he thinks he can do it. He can certainly do it better than David Moyes.

A
Do you think he just thinks "That sounds like a laugh, no idea about them like but I'll give it a go"? He can have his pick of jobs and make the same money anywhere he likes. It's a long term project and he's been clear about that.
Same money anywhere? He has become the third highest paid manager in the world. Only Simeone and Jose are ahead. He effectively doubled his Napoli salary.

Here's a convenient or inconvenient truth. If this Ancelotti project fails, we will be stuck with the Moyes' of this world for a while to come.

We have to get behind this, be patient because we aren't going to attract a better calibre of manager than Ancelotti.

Bit of an over reaction this on the back of a poor result. Won’t go into the derby game too much but you’ve got to remember that it’s a team that Ancelotti’s had no time to work with on the training ground and is learning what they’re capable/aren’t capable of with every game. He’ll probably have learnt more from that defeat than anything that’s come beforehand.

If you want to think about the bigger picture, We’ll start to see the impact of Ancelotti towards the end of the season and next season once he’s had a pre-season to prepare a team. We need to be patient and expect that there’s going to be ups and downs whilst he finds his feet at the club.

When the reds appointed Klopp, they weren’t crying out for Roy Evans or Souness to get the job because they ‘understood the club’. Klopps been given time, his first season wasn’t great, think he lost more than he won in his first 10 games and threw away enough 2 goals leads to make Martinez look like a defence minded manager. But he installed belief and they lapped it up (despite a fair few set backs & a couple of embarrassing defeats). Now they’re starting to see the benefits of that.

We can’t be writing off a manager of Ancelotti’s pedigree before he’s even had a full week to prepare a team for a game. Give him time and we’ll see what he’s capable of. He’s signed a 4 1/2 year contract, it’s abit daft to be questioning his fight 3 weeks into that.
Klopp is a different manager to Carlo. He would have been the best fit at Everton after his Dortmund spell.

There are times stil when I still have to pinch myself and do a double take that Carlo Ancelotti is actually our manager after some of the chod we've in recent times, and then some blert starts a thread wondering if we shouldn't have gone for someone else instead.
We will never do any better than him.

Without jumping to the extremes like some are: Carlo is categorically overqualified for this job, it's not a role he's done before and, for me, there were better suited to it than him. That doesn't mean he's not a top class manager and it doesn't mean I want him gone, I don't think that is what anyone is saying here. I don't even think that anyone is criticising the guy in a typically reactionary way.

For me, It's like hiring an experienced Sales Director when you need an experienced Telesales Executive. The sales director knows sales and has managed great teams before, but they don't sell on the phone day to day. That's not something they've done before. He's an asset to the business, but it's about having the right people in the right positions at the right time.

He's a great manager and an asset to the Football club and I hope to god that he bucks the trend, stays here longer than 18 months and builds a long term project with the club, but I'm not convinced that he will.

Not sure why you would still be thinking about Moyes when we have Ancelotti as manager.
I can't think of a manager who would be willing to come here that would be a better choice than the one we have now, especially with the massive rebuilding job that is badly needed at the club. His experience will help to shape not only the playing staff but how we function as a club and Moshiri should soak up everything he has to say.
The best thing about having Ancelotti as manager though, is that NONE of those gutless slugs in the first team will be bigger than the manager, and if the rumours
about Sigurdsson are true then that would surely send the message that those days of an easy ride at Everton are OVER, even if you are our record signing. Long may it continue.

Think it's bizarre to start questioning Carlo Ancelotti after 3 weeks.

The very least we should be giving him is until the end of the 2020/21 season. 18 months to steady the ship and get us cemented in the Top 6 to 8. Then make the big leaps forward after that. Got to hop that most of the 'Top 6' clubs continue to struggle. Leicester have taken advantage this season. Need a similar opportunity to unfold as you begin to peak as a team in a couple of seasons. Maybe then Top4 could become a possibility. The only other avenue is a huge cash injection - which may or may not happen.

Anyone expecting a quick turnaround is fooling themselves. Anyone expecting a turnaround in a couple of weeks is being completely unrealistic.

Klopp is a different manager to Carlo. He would have been the best fit at Everton after his Dortmund spell.

I wasn’t comparing them as managers. Just highlighting that we can’t expect everything to fall into place straight away.

Ancelotti’s our manager. What he’s achieved in the game buys him time to implement his ideas and methods to take us forward. We need to back him & be patient whilst he does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.