Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has also been claimed that Usmanov 'brokered' a deal to bring Carlo Ancelotti to Goodison as manager but the ECHO has been told that the pair met only in a social setting – thought to be in Bavaria, Germany - and that the world's eighth richest man was not involved in the decision-making process that secured the Italian as Marco Silva's replacement.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Social setting.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

But it makes more sense if he never comes in officially, he can give us vastly more money from the outside.
This all day long.

Fund us mucho while publicly fingering the Premier League and FFP.

Swiftly? These meetings and talks seemed to go on for at least a year
8 to 9 months actually.
Probably met face to face once or twice.
Outcome is still the same...it got rebuffed.

No problem in businessmen negotiating for better deals or rates I bet they have spoke with many lending facilities.

But you want to make it sound he went begging to the council.
Does he and his mate look like they need the begging bowl out ?

They deal in money its their job.

Doubt it he probably didn’t want his name associated with poor managers like them, looks like he’s stayed out of it until a proper manager has come in.

Makes sense, Give your mate the money to front a new club and allow him to blow 200m on utter tripe

You don't get rich handing over 500 million of your own money just on a building. Banks handle that and the club pays it back over a period of time, the money that you keep in your hands can then be invested into the players, which banks are less happy about lending for.

The bit that doesn't make sense is why we are taking out loans all over the place if Usmanov is funding us. In the last financial year we have had 5 charges placed on the Club to secure loans with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited, Metro Bank and more worryingly we have gone back to borrowing from Rights and Media Funding Limited.

Rights and Media Funding was formerly JG and lent us money in the dark days before Moshiri arrived.

At Everton’s AGM in November 2015, the CEO Robert Elstone castigated shareholders who asked questions about Green’s potential involvement before revealing that the club’s net debt had increased from £28.1m in 2013–14 to £31.3m in 2014–15, despite announcing a record turnover and bumper new TV deal.“We have three sources of lending,” he said. “We have a long-term loan with the Prudential that expires in 2026, an overdraft with Barclays that is not enough to manage the day-to-day cash flow of the football club and, to address that, we borrow from JG Funding (a private company) against the TV money. It is all fully disclosed in our accounts, is approved by the Premier League and paid back at the end of the year.”

So if Usmanov is on board why have we gone back to in effect making pay day loans against TV revenues, when we already have revolving credit facilities with major banks.

He said he's open to investing, suggested new stadium could called "USM Arena" in a Financial Times interview.

edit:

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov is eyeing a stake in Everton football club, just over a year after he gave up a $1.3bn bid to take control of Arsenal.

Mr Usmanov, who has built a $16.5bn fortune from Russian metals, telecoms and technology, said in a Lunch with the FT interview this weekend that he was open to various forms of investment into the Premier League club, which is struggling on the pitch amid mounting financial losses and debts.

“I am thinking about my investment into this club,” he said. “There are many ways [to invest]. It is not obligatory for me to participate myself. I could sponsor them. I could be a shareholder.”

Everton is controlled by his longtime business partner Farhad Moshiri, whose wealth is closely tied to Mr Usmanov, as executive chairman and shareholder in the Russian tycoon’s holding company USM.

Since Mr Moshiri became the biggest shareholder of the Liverpool-based club three years ago, it has gone on a spending spree on players in an effort to push into the elite of the English game.

Those efforts have largely failed, but the ambition remains undimmed. Last month, the club fired manager Marco Silva and replaced him with Carlo Ancelotti, a three-time winner of the Champions League, Europe’s most prestigious club competition and a coach considered among the world’s best.

New funding from Mr Usmanov would also ease growing financial issues related to the push for silverware. In the 2017-18 season, the club had net debts of £66m, down from a net cash position of £9.6m in 2016/17.

Over the same period, the club made a pre-tax loss of £13m compared with a profit of £30m a year earlier, thanks to big increases on spending on player transfers and salaries. Despite this, the team is in 11th place in the Premier League table.

Mr Usmanov, who is a close friend of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, said that he would invest in Everton “with great pleasure” if Mr Moshiri asked him to. “Everton is the club of my friend, my brother,” he said. “So of course in a manner I am [already] linked to it.”

John Blain, chair of Everton Football Club Shareholders’ Association, a body that represents the interests of its small stockholders, said any move by Mr Usmanov to acquire a stake would “excite the fan base”.

“Farhad is a wealthy man, but it doesn’t compare to Alisher’s,” said Mr Blain. “And many hands make light work.”

Everton declined to comment.

In recent years, Mr Usmanov launched attempts to acquire Arsenal, the London-based club considered one of the Premier League’s “Big Six” — an elite group that includes Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

He gave up that ambition in 2018, selling a 30 per cent share of the London-based club to majority shareholder Stan Kroenke, the US sports mogul, for £550m, ending a long-running ownership battle between the billionaires.

Since then, Mr Usmanov has built ties to Everton. USM sponsors the club’s training ground and the Russian said he could also acquire naming rights over a £500m new stadium the club intends to build to replace its Goodison Park ground.

“They are going to build a new stadium. Why not the USM Arena?,” he said. “Our company wants to help him [Mr Moshiri].

“I cannot reject Arsenal,” Mr Usmanov added. “I will not leave Arsenal as a fan. But if I will join Everton, then I will wear an Everton shirt, because I am a professional.”
@MarcelsGoat can lend him one of his shirts.... probably fit perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.