Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like so many on here i maintained this was always a possibility, huge investment of this size if it comes about is not usually a decision that's instant but can take years before finally committing.

Because we hadn't heard for a while, some were only too ready to dismiss any such possible moves, they were not facing up to the reality, putting their own imaginary obstacles in the way and didn't seem to understand that such a move could be considered over such a lengthy period of time

Delighted if it actually does materialise but even only thinking about it proves so many doubters were not facing reality, it has always looked possible to me and many others on here.

So er, when are the accounts out lads?

The club informed Companies House that they had pushed back the accounting period a month in the summer. Our accounting reference period was due to end 31/05/19 but was pushed back to 30/06/19. Usually we publish our accounts in the 3rd week of December so if we stick to the 1 month extension then it should be in two or three weeks time.

It would seem the Kopite heads are falling off tonight after the Usmanov interview. First they were belittling us for the Ancelotti links saying we were thinking above our station. Then he signs, then they‘ve been laughing at us for ages over our links to Uzzy. Then he comes out and says this. They are getting twitchy. They are totally obsessed by us. Why can’t they just enjoy where they are instead of obsessing over us. The weirdos

It's part;ly a wearines with the 'things are going to change' stories. But I have to ask myself and others why Usmanov would be conducting negotitions with his friend and business partner via the FT. It looks very much like a tongue in cheek comment.

The Echo: I'm not endorsing what Kirkbride said. I'm pointing out that there's another understanding of this story. I dont link to their stories, I dont endorse them.
I think the problem is that you now choose to believe them on this story, after previously calling them to be boycotted. Hence the the post calling you inconsistent.
I think you already know this though.

Yes, its got to be what FIFA considers a fair market price.

For example United get 64m a year for their shirt sponsor, which is more than we currently earn from all our commercial deals combined.

United earn 280m a year from commerical, Everton earn around 60m.

I know we arent on a par with United, but im just pointing out the amount of scope we have to play with.

So USM couldnt give us 500m a year, but they could easily manage 200m.

They wont, im just using examples.
They could build the stadium for a very low rate of return. Then pay for the naming rights as Etihad did ( which was way over the top ) if I remember rightly.

Last edited:
When I posted the details of the interview approx 7 hours ago I considered the quotes from Usmanov to be the confirmation of how many of us foresaw how this script would eventually play out. It's weird to read that there are posters on here who despite the quotes (and this isn't an interview with the S*n) are either in denial or are deliberately being negative to suit their own agenda.
Can Evertonians not just have and enjoy good things?

Status
Not open for further replies.