Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dom King, Paul Joyce, Jamie Carragher and Mark Lawro all have their reservations about this appointment.

Won’t someone please listen to these completely impartial media representatives?!

This man is just far too successful. We’ll have none of that around here.
We'll know it's a step forward if Lawro predicts a win for us in the next season or two. lol lol lol

Martin Samuel had a similar take on it, why not? Nice to see some journalism that looks at the positives rather than fretting the status quo at the top table will be threatened.
I think it means he's here and they know it, so better get used to it. Pragmatism from the journalists. Might have to dust off that 80's copy of the A-Z to find their way to the ground.

I think it means he's here and they know it, so better get used to it. Pragmatism from the journalists. Might have to dust off that 80's copy of the A-Z to find their way to the ground.

I'm sure that is a big part of it, but either way its refreshing to not read the usual tripe. Eventually we may even read articles than don't also have a throwaway line about Moyes also being considered in it.

Even if it doesn't work out, at least the club is showing some ambition by going for such a big name

There's always a chance a manager can fail, but man, if you can get a manager who has won everything then why wouldn't you try?

And much more chance of a Howe/ Dyche/ Wilder style failing than an Ancelotti who's won the lot.

It's weird that so many struggle to grasp that, even though it's a risk (as all appointments are), the ceiling is so, so much higher with a manager like Ancelotti than it would be with Eddie Howe etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.