Votes: 21 2.1%
  • My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arteta's a weird one for Arsenal imo. Big clubs barely hire managers with such little experience, and when they do, they're usually club legends. Guardiola, Zidane, Solskjaer and Lampard for example. Arteta has ties to the club, sure, but he hardly has the cache there for the fans to give him time if it doesn't go to plan straight away.

If it was Vieira, I'd kinda get it. Has some experience as a manager (if a little underwhelming), is a bonafide club great and played during the great Wenger years. What identity is Arteta supposed to reestablish? Has it got so bad that Arsenal fans are no longer dreaming about the glory days but about the early to mid 2010s, when they'd scrape into the top 4 and maybe win a cup whilst the fans called for the legendary managers head? Guess they're just hoping he's Guardiola except if he had a nice head of hair and played for them.

However, considering Arsenal's managerial shortlist probably overlaps a lot with ours, removing them from the picture with Arteta in their back pocket is probably as ideal as it gets. Ancelotti, Kovac, Marcelino etc won't have them sniffing around (I chose those names because, apart from Carlo, I have no idea who the club's actually after, much like everyone in the media).

Arteta's a weird one for Arsenal imo. Big clubs barely hire managers with such little experience, and when they do, they're usually club legends. Guardiola, Zidane, Solskjaer and Lampard for example. Arteta has ties to the club, sure, but he hardly has the cache there for the fans to give him time if it doesn't go to plan straight away.

If it was Vieira, I'd kinda get it. Has some experience as a manager (if a little underwhelming), is a bonafide club great and played during the great Wenger years. What identity is Arteta supposed to reestablish? Has it got so bad that Arsenal fans are no longer dreaming about the glory days but about the early to mid 2010s, when they'd scrape into the top 4 and maybe win a cup whilst the fans called for the legendary managers head? Guess they're just hoping he's Guardiola except if he had a nice head of hair and played for them.

However, considering Arsenal's managerial shortlist probably overlaps a lot with ours, removing them from the picture with Arteta in their back pocket is probably as ideal as it gets. Ancelotti, Kovac, Marcelino etc won't have them sniffing around (I chose those names because, apart from Carlo, I have no idea who the club's actually after, much like everyone in the media).

They are at the same stage we were when we hired Silva. They have one eye on how much it will be costing to sack him in a year.

Emery has turned them off the idea of poaching a top up and coming Coach from a European club.

They now prefer the idea of someone who knows the club inside out with PL coaching experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.