Votes: 21 2.1%
  • My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

No, but he played under that style. Played it under Walter Smith at Rangers too. You know what I meant!
Arteta has played under a plethora of different managers. The only way to assume he’ll take on Pep’s style is to assume that he’s only been influenced by those he’s coached under.... hence the Ferguson point

Arteta has played under a plethora of different managers. The only way to assume he’ll take on Pep’s style is to assume that he’s only been influenced by those he’s coached under.... hence the Ferguson point
Yeah, but that is why I feel he would be inclined to play some sort of mixture or Wenger and Pep footy. They will have had the biggest influence on his football thinking. He was also raised in the Barcelona system.

I find that more likely than him emulating Moyes with a 4-1-4-1 system that relies on wing play.

Yeah, but that is why I feel he would be inclined to play some sort of mixture or Wenger and Pep footy. They will have had the biggest influence on his football thinking. He was also raised in the Barcelona system.

I find that more likely than him emulating Moyes with a 4-1-4-1 system that relies on wing play.
Taking elements of those three styles and using them as appropriate depending on the opposition doesn’t sound like the worst thing in the world to me

well we'll never know will we because he hasn't managed a match, He's the manger version of No Mans Sky.

....it’s a different situation now from when the likes of Colin Harvey stepped up from being a coach. Effectiveness in the transfer market was possibly the greatest requirement but that’s no longer the case because we employ a DoF. The role is now lots to do with team selection, coaching, tactics and man-management.

All appointments carry risk, Arteta would be a progressive choice but requires a leap of faith. I’d actually prefer a young ambitious manager rather than a journeyman from the managerial Merry-go-round. I think Moshiri prefers to play safe and would need some persuading for Arteta. Also, the bloke himself would really have to want the job.

Taking elements of those three styles and using them as appropriate depending on the opposition doesn’t sound like the worst thing in the world to me
But are they compatible? Wenger’s and Pep’s to an extent (though peak Arsenal were much more offensive - passing with penetration). Moyes style is in a totally different catagory for me, more in line with traditional UK and German footy.

But are they compatible? Wenger’s and Pep’s to an extent (though peak Arsenal were much more offensive - passing with penetration). Moyes style is in a totally different catagory for me, more in line with traditional UK and German footy.
I think people underestimate how good some of the football was that we played under Moyes at his best. Arteta had arguably his best years at Everton, I don’t see any reason to think that the football he played here wouldn’t be a big influence on him.

There’s also no reason to think that he is an idiot and doesn’t realise that the style Man City play might not be compatible with both the type and calibre of players that we have

I think people underestimate how good some of the football was that we played under Moyes at his best. Arteta had arguably his best years at Everton, I don’t see any reason to think that the football he played here wouldn’t be a big influence on him.

There’s also no reason to think that he is an idiot and doesn’t realise that the style Man City play might not be compatible with both the type and calibre of players that we have
Yes you are certainly correct there. Bobby gets too much credit for his first season, as it was very much a continuation of the previous one.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see. It’s a shame people don’t come up through the leagues so much any more though. Guys just waltz into top jobs now. Often they are finished by the time they are in their late 40s!

Stevie G and Big Dunc
Dream team
9DBF823A-F089-40A1-97AC-86000D2C4BAF.png
217F2D01-D853-4A2D-B05B-D4A584C446CA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.