Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep , and planning for the future . Three good buys that will benefit them long term and not buying expensive mercenaries , Everton is a long term project and we need a manager who will see it through . I would go for a young manager personally .

Under Mourinho compared to OGS, Utd:

• scored more
  • conceded less
  • had more points per game
  • higher win percentage

I would also hedge a bet that OGS has very little invovlement in the buying/selling of players. If it weren't for the fact he's an ex player, I'd imagine he'd have been sacked by now.

I doubt that Ancelotti will be doing the physical training or the coaching and in just about every club I would guess there will be players who believe training is too hard or too easy.

Ancelotti would be the manager with an assistant and a team of coaches for fitness and football. Any time you watch a clip of Everton training there are always a number of coaches involved.

The appointment of Ancelotti would be more than just a football appointment, it would be a statement that Everton ARE a big club to attract such a high profile name. Just as the appointment of David Moyes would place Everton in the category that the media believe we should be in i.e a mid table club.

The appointment of somebody like Ancelotti reinforces the ambition that Moshiri has for the club and just maybe as well the project that is sold to bring such a high profile name to the club.

Ancelotti will probably be with us for no more than three years anyway, it isn't an appointment for the next decade but would be an appointment that would set the tone for the next decade.

Considering Brands has worked with the likes of Van Gaal ( he actually persuaded him not to retire) there is nothing in his remit that says they have to be young & suit a certain style of play .
Brands finds players to do the job his manager needs , thats his remit.
Couldnt care what age or philosophy they bring as long as we win things.
That is all that matters really.

Brands said that his job is to ensure continuity, and that the manager will fit the players not the other way round.

A dream along with Simeone so wont happen. Neither will Zlatan.
If it does then im windmilling all around Goodison park (By windmill its more like a hand held fan type of mill).

Brands said that his job is to ensure continuity, and that the manager will fit the players not the other way round.

So we need a manager with no guts, determination and clueless at times including being mentally weak.

Who we going for based on this then?

Good to see Everton have a smooth well planned strategy in place. Silva sacked and were still messing around looking for a manager. Meanwhile at spurs...

Under Mourinho compared to OGS, Utd:

• scored more
  • conceded less
  • had more points per game
  • higher win percentage

I would also hedge a bet that OGS has very little invovlement in the buying/selling of players. If it weren't for the fact he's an ex player, I'd imagine he'd have been sacked by now.

He came in for instant success , and they spent a fortune while he was there and he still wanted to spend more and more. In our position can we afford to buy anymore expensive flops? Need a measured approach and to plan for long term. Surely we would be better off trying to get someone like Ten Hag or a Marsch.

Discussing the possibility of Ancelotti taking the Arsenal job, a pundit on ESPN FC said 'Arsenal is not a top tier team at the moment, so they can't aim
for a top tier manager'. You may not agree with that, but need I say more?

Discussing the possibility of Ancelotti taking the Arsenal job, a pundit on ESPN FC said 'Arsenal is not a top tier team at the moment, so they can't aim
for a top tier manager'. You may not agree with that, but need I say more?
Ridiculous statement. Shows pundits are clueless and peddle over the top views to get a reaction.

All his credentials are impressive yes, but he's never managed on Merseyside and that's a different animal, which was proven on Sunday against Chelsea. We need passion, aggression and fight, all of which is a gamble with any manager who doesn't get that. We simply can't afford another GAMBLE!
OK then,get Ancelotti in, and keep Duncan on board to run up and down like crazy generating 'atmosphere'

So we just use the same "continuity" to carry on winning the sum of nothing.

Sounds like a plan :oops:
That's why the manager was sacked. We find someone more effective, but with generally the same style. Silva was not really playing the way he was meant to play either. So we get someone in who can. Maybe that could be Ancelotti, he's proved to be adaptive in the past. But i think one of the others would be a better fit. Our players need intensive coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.