Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inclined to agree with you.
Arsenal see themselves as a big club with expectations that match. The fans want instant success, they want titles, they want silverware and they want them now. However, it doesn't seem that the Arsenal owners are prepared to release the huge funds needed to make that happen.
I think the Arsenal job is a poison chalice.

The Everton job is very different and can be viewed as a project. We have seen the owner is prepared to spend money and the fanbase will allow some time and accept steady progress for a while before starting to get restless.

I think Ancelotti will look at Arsenal and think that there is no way he can win there. Allegri could look at Arsenal as a longer term project.. as with Emery that may prove to be difficult.
I , also feel that Ancelotti may well believe that the time needed to build up Everton would take too long for a manager of his age , even if he was prepared to work outside of Liverpool and was convinced the Everton project was worthwhile.

I also
He doesn't stay anywhere too long, does he?

Arsenal are defo looking for another dynasty. He wont suit them.

I suppose what I mean is that we are the currently a team languishing in the bottom half of the table, with poor senior pro's and decent (at best) players. He us used to managing the best players in Europe. Our players will need a lot more guidance than he is used to.

It's not a natural fit. That doesn't mean it can't be successful, but he's used to working with a far higher calibre of player.

I agree with you on that.

For me if there's a chance of getting him on board we do it.

You would be laughed right out of here

But why? Everybody assumes Usmanov would pick the best managers in the world? Based on what?

Anyway, im slightly off topic here, Usmanov has been involved with Everton ever since Moshiri was, thats not up for any dispute whatsoever.

If anybody wants to discuss this further, take it to the Usmanov thread chums.

As for Carlo, somebody made a great point last night, when was the last time a manager got sacked by 1 team and joined another straight away? Also with it being this close to Christmas.

IMO Carlo isnt happening.

But why? Everybody assumes Usmanov would pick the best managers in the world? Based on what?

Anyway, im slightly off topic here, Usmanov has been involved with Everton ever since Moshiri was, thats not up for any dispute whatsoever.

As for Carlo, somebody made a great point last night, when was the last time a manager got sacked by 1 team and joined another straight away? Also with it being this close to Christmas.

Everton are known for firsts all over the place so what is just one more ? I think it has legs .

Can only wait and see, but his sacking at Napoli is different to other sackings.

the Italian expert on TS said he wants another job straight away but he doesn’t think he got to Arsenal or Everton, although he get money at Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.