Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mount, Willian, Kante against Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin, but yeah - lets get the knives sharpened nice and early...

Only other argument against Everton's midfield is Davies instead - who has been arguably our worst player in recent weeks - cost us Leicester and had a nightmare vs Liverpool. Ferguson said just earlier Davies is fatigued
Gylfis been way worse than Davies who himself has been gash

Mason Mount is 20 yrs old ???
Like why can’t we use players from our u23’s

Duncan needs to leave the club along with Sigurdsson and Scherderlin.
This is seriously disgusting

Speed of ground coverage is what determines the success in that system, not aggregate.

Not necessarily. It's about knowing when to stick or twist with the run.

If Sigurdsson is at his Swansea best, he's receiving the ball from DCL and putting incisive passes through early.

He has ability but he doesn't show it consistently. There's a chance he shows up today - if he does, the setup works. If he doesn't, we get battered.

I'm not sharpening the knives for him - I'm just saying it as I see it. His performance is key to this game.

My bookie tossed in a $20 free bet on my account...a very lethargic account...which I’ve thrown on our brave lion hearts to win (paying $4.05).
Needless to say, I am not very optimistic of any return but I’m generally of glass half full persuasions; so whilst it’s the hope that kills, for me, hope always springs eternal. I guess that’s why I die so often, supporting Everton.

just wondering if that line up is as good as we could expect given the circumstances, why exactly have we sacked Silva? it means our squad is gash and will lose every game, eh? they didn't sack him merely bcs he was making subs after 70th minute

too cowardly from Big Dunc, I had expectations.

Distance wise, Sigurdsson has covered more ground than any Everton player in successive seasons. He's also covered more ground over the course of the season than any other player in the league.

Workrate isnt something to hit him with.

How about passing accuracy, assists and scoring?

Distance wise, Sigurdsson has covered more ground than any Everton player in successive seasons. He's also covered more ground over the course of the season than any other player in the league.

Workrate isnt something to hit him with.

I'm not arguing that he has no workrate or that his *total* distance covered isn't what you say it is.

I'm arguing that that doesn't determine his success in that role in that system. It's about speed of coverage, not aggregate coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.