2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I think you’re wrong, I think his physicality will worry defenders. He’s the most effective we have (although I was very encouraged with Kean today). What DCL lacks is quality, you are right on that point but he did fine today without offering any threat.

i don’t get the hate for him, he’s lacking but it’s not his fault he’s the best we’ve got. Hopefully Kean can build on today’s cameo.
I agree its not his fault he's the best we have but he was shocking today to say the least. The physicality you speak of, not once today do I recall him using that strength to get his body in a position to protect the ball with his back to play, that's just basic stuff, time and time again he was effortlessly beaten in any physical battle, I just don't see what you're seeing eggs.

In a nutshell, his attempt at running with the ball about 3-5 mins before Leicesters equaliser is an accurate reflection of his talent. He travelled 30 yards with the ball, at no point looking comfortable, before the Leicester defender put him out of his misery an simply took the ball off him.

He's occasionally OK at taking the ball in and laying it off. He might win a few headers. But that's the description of a lower league footballer, not a premier league or championship striker.

I agree its not his fault he's the best we have but he was shocking today to say the least. The physicality you speak of, not once today do I recall him using that strength to get his body in a position to protect the ball with his back to play, that's just basic stuff, time and time again he was effortlessly beaten in any physical battle, I just don't see what you're seeing eggs.

....the physicality is pace as well. He was 2nd best to get that ball played in behind their right back early in the game today, he not only got their first he made ground and clipped a decent left foot cross into the danger area. I agree, there wasn’t much ‘argie bargie’ in today’s performance, and he certainly lacks quality but I can see why he plays, especially away from home.

....the physicality is pace as well. He was 2nd best to get that ball played in behind their right back early in the game today, he not only got their first he made ground and clipped a decent left foot cross into the danger area. I agree, there wasn’t much ‘argie bargie’ in today’s performance, and he certainly lacks quality but I can see why he plays, especially away from home.
We shall have to agree to disagree I'm afraid. He's very much a Rob Earnshaw, Chris Armstrong type player.... Possibly more effective a step down from the top.

We shall have to agree to disagree I'm afraid. He's very much a Rob Earnshaw, Chris Armstrong type player.... Possibly more effective a step down from the top.

...I’m not for one minute saying he’s the answer, Kurt. I’m saying, from the options we have I understand why he starts ahead of others.

He’s got a great strike on him hasn’t he.

Oh actually nobody knows, as despite playing up front for 3 years I can’t remember him putting his foot through the ball. Pathetic.

He's got the attributes but his footballing brain is so poor, He just doesn't know how to carry himself up top on his own and when he gets half a chance his brain gets fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.