Transfer Rumour Everton Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the guy who Arsenal nearly signed in the summer? I guess this is instead of Reinier instead, who we never had a chance of signing.

Looks to have some ability, and plays for Brazil, so can't be all bad, but doesn't look like what we need. Another left sided "attacker". Where would he play?

Also, watching the clips of him, seems to keep hold of the ball a lot as well. Definitely don't need another player who keeps hold of the ball too long.

There's actually another Everton for Flamengo who I liked the look of, Everton Ribeiro, but he's 30 so probably too old now to consider.

Isn't this the guy who Arsenal nearly signed in the summer? I guess this is instead of Reinier instead, who we never had a chance of signing.

Looks to have some ability, and plays for Brazil, so can't be all bad, but doesn't look like what we need. Another left sided "attacker". Where would he play?

Also, watching the clips of him, seems to keep hold of the ball a lot as well. Definitely don't need another player who keeps hold of the ball too long.

There's actually another Everton for Flamengo who I liked the look of, Everton Ribeiro, but he's 30 so probably too old now to consider.
I wouldn't worry about buying another left sided player. For all the ones we supposedly have none are actually very good at it. Or at least they all look better other places.

I wouldn't worry about buying another left sided player. For all the ones we supposedly have none are actually very good at it. Or at least they all look better other places.

I just wonder what this lineup will look like if we somehow did sign him. With everyone fit, I really couldn't pick a team out of this squad.

Everton Soares scores for Everton... I like it.

This quote (if true) kind of says a lot about the player.

"The only serious offer for his services came from China, and Gremio rejected it – apparently to the player’s displeasure.
The Brazilian media have reported he has changed agents in protest
".

By all accounts, Spurs and Arsenal were looking at him. The reason (excuse) given for him not moving to a big European club is because of his age. The fears being that he's too old and may not take to the different footballing environment, leaving whoever buys him unable to get a good price when trying to offload the lad.

Well, you can never have enough failed potential stinking the club out. Go get him Farhad... Go get him.

I suppose it does make some sense.
Brands extensively searching Europe, Moshiri being close to Joorabachian too.

but we’re not signing him lol

imagine is getting Everton and Gabigol in one window lol

we’ll end up with Crouch and Joe Allen lol

If he was any good he would already be in Europe by now. That price isn't prohibitive and he isn't unknown at all having been in the Brazil squad multiple times.

He was linked with us in the summer before we signed Kean, he was also linked with Arsenal, before they signed Pepe and the summer before Man City and Liverpool were supposedly interested in him. If we bid I'm sure the work permit will get in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.