New Everton Stadium Discussion

How long do the council have to review the planning application before they have to make a decision?

I’ve read that large/complex projects can take up to 13 weeks to review but don’t know if a stadium is a whole different ballgame.

If it goes in December, hopefully by Spring we will get the go ahead to start the build.

That is the timescale the club is suggesting, I believe. Make of that what you will.

I've been told we've hit a problem with the foundation design. The ground investigation done has supposedly shown that its going to cost a lot more than first thought to fill the dock in and pile etc.. Lets see I guess.

I've been told we've hit a problem with the foundation design. The ground investigation done has supposedly shown that its going to cost a lot more than first thought to fill the dock in and pile etc.. Lets see I guess.

That would've been one of the first major hurdles to address before even getting this off the ground, so to speak...no point in doing design without a foundation to put it on. It's not hard to do, just expensive.