2019/20 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have noticed recently when he goes down, the refs check who it is and now for the most part don't even stop the play. The lads cards are clearly marked. He needs an attitude change and quick. If not, his frustrations will grow and we are certainly looking at a red card and suspension over the next few games.

This made my day
Backing into a player and dropping to the floor does not constitute a foul. Doing it 10 times a game, even less so. Doing it then holding your face for a few minutes certainly doesn’t either.

If there was consistency across the board, fine, but there isn't.

Look at the media reaction to Pep (rightly) calling Mane a diver.

Richarlison can be frustrating. I don't disagree with that.

However, in the last two games he should have been awarded two penalties and a foul which would have been a second yellow card (Sanchez).

Yet our fans want to slate him.

We deserve everything we get. Crap fanbase, crap team, crap managment.

Genuinely sometimes reckon this club needs a relegation to sort itself out. Unfortunately, that'd mean losing any chance we have of progressing given the stadium.

Have noticed recently when he goes down, the refs check who it is and now for the most part don't even stop the play. The lads cards are clearly marked. He needs an attitude change and quick. If not, his frustrations will grow and we are certainly looking at a red card and suspension over the next few games.

If he is being fouled and the refs are not picking up on it then that is not Richarlison's fault...

Btw @bol-uk by the 'crap fans' comment I am not saying you're a crap fan. I include just the entire fanbase - myself as well.

We're atrocious.

We'd rather have a go at our own players at any given point. We offer about as much 'support' as the club do direction to us.

It all feeds into one I know. And I get the frustrations.

Richarlison needs to be smarter, 100%. But we should have had two pens for him getting fouled in the last two games.

If there was consistency across the board, fine, but there isn't.

Look at the media reaction to Pep (rightly) calling Mane a diver.

Richarlison can be frustrating. I don't disagree with that.

However, in the last two games he should have been awarded two penalties and a foul which would have been a second yellow card (Sanchez).

Yet our fans want to slate him.

We deserve everything we get. Crap fanbase, crap team, crap managment.

Genuinely sometimes reckon this club needs a relegation to sort itself out. Unfortunately, that'd mean losing any chance we have of progressing given the stadium.
The thing is Mane only dives in the box, Richarlison does it everywhere, that is why the refs give him nothing.

Btw @bol-uk by the 'crap fans' comment I am not saying you're a crap fan. I include just the entire fanbase - myself as well.

We're atrocious.

We'd rather have a go at our own players at any given point. We offer about as much 'support' as the club do direction to us.

It all feeds into one I know. And I get the frustrations.

Richarlison needs to be smarter, 100%. But we should have had two pens for him getting fouled in the last two games.
Yes we should

He is not getting free kicks because we have the worst set of referees the premier league has seen. And if someone like moyes was in charge then these referees would be getting an earful. But we have Marco “don’t upset the FA” silva.

So nothing to do with him hitting the ground literally every time he gets touched or loses the ball ?

My concern is that he will get a reputation for making a meal of things, and then even in cases where he is fouled, and there are plenty of legitimate examples of such, he won't get the decision from the referee. This might be happening already. If you cry wolf once too often....

He is undoubtedly a very talented player, but it seems to me his focus and application is not what it should be at all, allowing for the frustration of playing in what seems a disjointed and dispirited team. He doesn't look happy and that must be a huge concern for us.

One has to look to Silva here for his management and coaching of the player. As it stands currently it looks like that there is quite a bit to be desired in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.