2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not a political gesture though is it?

It’s simply showing respect to people who have served their country and died, in the country the club is from.

But they havent done just that, they've commited crimes and atrocities throughout the world for centuries

But they havent done just that, they've commited crimes and atrocities throughout the world for centuries

I understand what you are saying, but how far do you want to go back? The poppy was brought in to remember the fallen of the last two world wars and subsequent conflicts.

No one forces anyone to wear one, everyone is entitled to their own view and opinion, but those who do wear one shouldn’t be criticised for it either. It shouldn’t be seen as a political weapon.

I understand what you are saying, but how far do you want to go back? The poppy was brought in to remember the fallen of the last two world wars and subsequent conflicts.

No one forces anyone to wear one, everyone is entitled to their own view and opinion, but those who do wear one shouldn’t be criticised for it either. It shouldn’t be seen as a political weapon.

This!!! Keep politics out of football.

fair enough but anyone criticising Tosun should bear that in mind when they stick their poppy on

You don't have to go that far back in time or that far away to see why people may be against wearing one. No one forces James McClean to wear it yet, everytime it's that's time of year again and he doesn't wear it, he gets abused by the media, fans and everyone else in between.

If people have a right to wear one then people should have a right not to wear one whatever their reasoning. Especially when the Government and Crown have allowed or told soldiers to commit war crimes and kill civilians. You only have to look up collusion in Ireland to see why McClean and other Irish people may be against wearing one.

Patriotism, Politics and Religion etc should be kept out of sport, if it is kept out then there's no issues. Just like Cenk should have kept his salute celebrations locked away.

Off Topic
You don't have to go that far back in time or that far away to see why people may be against wearing one. No one forces James McClean to wear it yet, everytime it's that's time of year again and he doesn't wear it, he gets abused by the media, fans and everyone else in between.

If people have a right to wear one then people should have a right not to wear one whatever their reasoning. Especially when the Government and Crown have allowed or told soldiers to commit war crimes and kill civilians. You only have to look up collusion in Ireland to see why McClean and other Irish people may be against wearing one.

Patriotism, Politics and Religion etc should be kept out of sport, if it is kept out then there's no issues. Just like Cenk should have kept his salute celebrations locked away.

I don’t think you understood my post. I agree people make their
Are you talking about the poppies or the Turks?

Poppies.

Blimey, you lot like to live dangerously, don't you?

Cenk Tosun is not quick enough or mobile enough for the Premier League. He'd be decent in Germany, like. See that? On topic Ladies and Gentlemen!

Status
Not open for further replies.