Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Moyes

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 89 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the apprehension about Arteta, especially as my aversion to Silva was based on his utterly wank record in the Premier League, and yet Arteta has no record at all.

However, there are examples of other players that went straight into management and it was no surprise that they were successful. Pep had no record before taking over at Barca, Zidane had no record before taking over at Real Madrid. Even Dalglish at the RS.

I feel that Arteta is so highly rated as a coach that he's more likely to start off at a bigger club than Everton, rather than go even further below and then make his way up to Everton.

If there's any chance at all of us getting him, then I think we should do. He'd get the crowd going as well imo, especially if he had Cahill by his side.

I can understand the apprehension about Arteta, especially as my aversion to Silva was based on his utterly wank record in the Premier League, and yet Arteta has no record at all.

However, there are examples of other players that went straight into management and it was no surprise that they were successful. Pep had no record before taking over at Barca, Zidane had no record before taking over at Real Madrid. Even Dalglish at the RS.

I feel that Arteta is so highly rated as a coach that he's more likely to start off at a bigger club than Everton, rather than go even further below and then make his way up to Everton.

If there's any chance at all of us getting him, then I think we should do. He'd get the crowd going as well imo, especially if he had Cahill by his side.

Zidane and Pep took time managing Madrid and Barca's B teams mate. The clubs were preparing them for the major role.

Why bother replacing a manager that has us hurtling towards the bottom of the league whilst the team get progressively worse week on week?

Not sure if you're actually being serious or not...
After 8 games, with a 2 week break before our next game, we sack Silva and replace him with Howe or Dyche or a foreign gamble?

If things don't improve in the next 3 games and we lose all 3, then definitely sack him, but sacking Silva now, without any consideration as to who we replace him with is silly. Another manager would have to assess the team and implement a style with expected immediate results.

I'm not convinced we are that bad and beyond turning things around under Silva, but he can't keep losing and we need to plan now for his replacement, as we should've been doing from the start of the season.

he's currently sat on his arse with cretins like Jamie Redknapp. As a city fan said to me in the pub yesterday... "why wouldn't Mourinho take the Everton job? Huge club and big profile"

Seems other clubs fans regard us higher than some Evertonians
We should offer whatever it takes to get him.

If we do sack Silva, the amount of manager wages and compensation we will have paid out would be enormous.

Martinez and Koeman- both on big contacts that we've paid for years despite them finding other employment. Allardyce cost us about 6 million for his short stint.

Instead of panic appointments we need to offer top whack for someone with a proven track record.

Mourinho is an excellent manager and is exactly who we should go for. Not always easy on the eye but he gets results. The problems he faced at United run deep into that club and don't imo overshadow his record previously.

We should offer whatever it takes to get him.

If we do sack Silva, the amount of manager wages and compensation we will have paid out would be enormous.

Martinez and Koeman- both on big contacts that we've paid for years despite them finding other employment. Allardyce cost us about 6 million for his short stint.

Instead of panic appointments we need to offer top whack for someone with a proven track record.

Mourinho is an excellent manager and is exactly who we should go for. Not always easy on the eye but he gets results. The problems he faced at United run deep into that club and don't imo overshadow his record previously.
To be fair in the managerial merry go round Silva is cheep as chips , compensation is nothing to pay him off.

Zidane and Pep took time managing Madrid and Barca's B teams mate. The clubs were preparing them for the major role.

I did know that, but I'd say that being the number 2 at Manchester City is at least similar and comparable experience to managing youth teams / B teams.

I definitely think that bigger clubs than Everton would be willing to give Arteta his first stint in management.

Shocked with myself that I voted for the waiter. But he is tactically adept has won trophies,other than Martinez no other manager we've ever appointed has. And he might,just might be interested.

I'd accept almost anyone - Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, and Fat Samuel excepted - so long as they bring a half-decent centre-forward with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.