New Everton Stadium Discussion

Between you and me mate, Peel are letting us have BMD for a peppercorn rent because, when it's built, or even while it's being built, it'll make it much, much easier for Peel to find investors to build stuff between town and BMD.

As far as Peel are concerned, Bramley Moore isn't prime location, so everyone's ( club, Peel and the city ) a winner if we get a stadium built there.

Yeah I fully get that mate and tbh I'd prefer to stay at Goodison Park as I believe there is nothing wrong with it.

Just hate people saying things and don't follow through with it.

Yeah I fully get that mate and tbh I'd prefer to stay at Goodison Park as I believe there is nothing wrong with it.

I don't want to leave Goodison mate, it's, quite literally, like a second home to me.

But, putting aside emotions, we're constrained as a club by the ground, and, unless we're comfortable with managing people out of the immediate area by using compulsory purchases, then we need to move.

I fully expect there to be more delays in the planning and building of a new stadium at Bramley Moore, because it's a big project, and they invariably take longer than the headline timescales bandied about, but I do believe there's a real will all round to make it happen. That doesn't mean it won't go pear shaped, because it could still could, but I'd be surprised if it did.

I don't want to leave Goodison mate, it's, quite literally, like a second home to me.

But, putting aside emotions, we're constrained as a club by the ground, and, unless we're comfortable with managing people out of the immediate area by using compulsory purchases, then we need to move.

I fully expect there to be more delays in the planning and building of a new stadium at Bramley Moore, because it's a big project, and they invariably take longer than the headline timescales bandied about, but I do believe there's a real will all round to make it happen. That doesn't mean it won't go pear shaped, because it could still could, but I'd be surprised if it did.

No mate and I'll be updating this thread weekly...there is a load of timber on the site right NOW and I mean a load...it will take a few lorries to take it away.

If things where happening I'd expect loads of BIG EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB banners around the place...do you see where I'm coming from?

To be honest I don't care if we move or don't because it's all about what happens on the pitch not in the stands right?

No mate and I'll be updating this thread weekly...there is a load of timber on the site right NOW and I mean a load...it will take a few lorries to take it away.

If things where happening I'd expect loads of BIG EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB banners around the place...do you see where I'm coming from?

To be honest I don't care if we move or don't because it's all about what happens on the pitch not in the stands right?
*adds to cockwomble list

thing is , if the tv money dries up in 15 years time for whatever reason un known to us right now, and clubs go back to relying on internal and match day revenue, then we will be left right behind , yet again.

we are basically hindering ourselves with a 52k stadium

Excellent point.

And even if the TV money doesn't dry up we'll still be making less match-day revenue than the clubs with bigger stadia. Clubs like Newcastle, the RS, City, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

But as has already been mentioned, nothing can happen until planning permission has been granted?

Your weekly updates will no doubt get more and more frantic as NOTHING AT ALL IS HAPPENING, THE PILE OF WOOD IS GETTING BIGGER!

The club didn't even release the summary of feedback from the 2nd consultation yet (an essential part of the application, not a delaying tactic as the tinfoil gang claim), so a planning application is probably a couple of months off.

You know, in line with the timescale announced by the club.

Expect a significant and exciting update on December 5th 2019.

;)
fap.gif

There's plenty wrong, try sitting in some parts of the lower gwladys for instance, you can barely see anything on the pitch(some games that maybe preferable though)

Whatever floats your boat mate, but I wouldn't expect to see anything visible involving the club happening down at Bramley Moore till at least next Spring, and more likely it'll be next Summer.

What happens on the pitch is more important, but what happens with things like BMD and in the boardroom will ultimately effect what happens on the pitch to some extent.

Excellent point.

And even if the TV money doesn't dry up we'll still be making less match-day revenue than the clubs with bigger stadia. Clubs like Newcastle, the RS, City, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Safe standing will come in eventually, increasing the capacity. It wouldn’t surprise if the stadium has been designed with this in mind.