Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We have to still be positive, we've got Richarlison and Iwobi in rich goalscoring form and high on confidence. Delph must be confident and our defence is generally settling nicely. Let's not let one poor choice of Calvert Lewin get us down! Tom Davies must be considering his future with us at this point. Both Gbamin and Gomes drop out through injury and he's still not called upon.

Im not questioning how much of an Evertonian I am - win lose or draw I love this club, I never had the choice who to support as my Dad took me to GP week in week out from a very early age.

Beleive me growing up in the 90's if I had a choice I certainly wouldnt have picked supporting Everton if I didnt have a bond with this club!

As I say mate I'll leave it there but your post comes across exactly as I pointed out - as an older supporter you just dont get how hard it is at times keeping the faith and being glass half full when all you've seen is mediocrity and bottling.

Its like a baby boomer in a 4 bed detached house scoffing at youngsters renting until their 40 - you just dont get it.

We'll agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with renting and I don't think people scoff. The fact is that the UK is one of the few countries in Europe, indeed lets include the Americas, were the culture is /was to buy your own home. More property is rented in other countries, and the culture is gradually changing here. I know lots of people in Germany, France Greece and the Americas who prefer to rent despite being able to afford to buy big. So your simile doesn't stand close inspection. Buying property is going out of fashion. Respect anyway for stating your argument literally and politely...but your underlying tone...…..

Good to prepare the overreaction beforehand.

Kean played internationals and cant start every match for us and Gomes injured.

What would you do differently?
I’d have gone 442, dropped Siggurdson in alongside Delph, put Keane up with DCL and had a go at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.